BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Okay, so why did Carolina want to wear black on the road? Still confusing to me.
Quiet, subtle, goodbye ("in mourning") gesture as that was the final divisional game against us.

At least till 2 seasons from now
Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
At least till 2 seasons from now
Cryptic. Hinting at one or the other club being moved?

Edit to add: Though there's no sign of it I'd be stoked to see the Hurricanes move back to Hartford and resume being the Whalers. (Trivia tidbit: with Pronger no longer, J-S Gigučre is the only Whaler still playing in the NHL.) I know the proximity to BOS makes it difficult, but that team ought to be there IMO

Last edited by Top Shelf; 04-23-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Old-Skool Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Cryptic. Hinting at one or the other club being moved?

Edit to add: Though there's no sign of it I'd be stoked to see the Hurricanes move back to Hartford and resume being the Whalers. (Trivia tidbit: with Pronger no longer, J-S Gigučre is the only Whaler still playing in the NHL.) I know the proximity to BOS makes it difficult, but that team ought to be there IMO
I'd put more money on Phoenix (or FLA, or both) moving to Canada (Quebec City anyone?), forcing another realignment in which we find ourselves once again in a division with Carolina.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
The Constrictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
I'd put more money on Phoenix (or FLA, or both) moving to Canada (Quebec City anyone?), forcing another realignment in which we find ourselves once again in a division with Carolina.
This seems like a very real possibility.

Also, I know there were some rumblings earlier this year (when the realignment was first announced) of a possible expansion. People were suggesting that was the reason behind the uneven divisions.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
^^^ . The realignment starting next season has a "re-evaluation" window 2 seasons from now.

As far as Relocation and/or Expansion is concerned, some of the dominoes have already fallen into place. The rest will in the next 6 weeks. Not to spiral this thread downward into the off-topic depths any further but, the hot spots are:

Sacramento Kings sale/Seattle bid to purchase and relocate

Coyotes Sale to local ownership (or not)

Believe or not... Houston. AHL Aero's just announced they're relocating. Nasty lease battle with the lease holder (Les Alexander) who was at one time interested in the Oilers in the 90's. Not saying he's interested in a NHL team again, but (speculation/rumor) at some point in the next few years he may look to offload the Rockets and the first person in line (and heavy on the wanting a NHL franchise) is his old nemesis... Chuck Watson.

Alexander extended a low-ball purchase offer to Oscar De LaHoya and the rest of MLS' Houston Dynamo ownership group last season and they politely told him to go pound sand.

You have to know the history (Alexander/Watson) and that's for another thread, another time.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post
The realignment starting next season has a "re-evaluation" window 2 seasons from now.
Got it, thx. (OT but this exact same strategy could and should be used re: replacement of the shootout with 3-on-3 sudden victory OT)
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Got it, thx. (OT but this exact same strategy could and should be used re: replacement of the shootout with 3-on-3 sudden victory OT)
Yup - that will be good for us to re-evaluate as if we keep the softies...... we will be looking up from the bottom again.