Default Tyler Johnson AHL MVP

Maybe we will keep this one?
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Default TJ

Well what do you know!! lol
Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Great news! Hope he has a great playoffs.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Damn skippy!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
BP Staff

I would've given it to Connolly, personally, but TJ is also deserving. He's been the best player in the AHL over the whole of the last 2 seasons, and I think his work on faceoffs probably gives him an added value that Brett doesn't have.

BTW, I also probably would've given it to TJ last season over Conacher, because TJ was the better of the two in the second half of the season in Norfolk, in my opinion.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I would've given it to Connolly, personally, but TJ is also deserving. He's been the best player in the AHL over the whole of the last 2 seasons, and I think his work on faceoffs probably gives him an added value that Brett doesn't have.

BTW, I also probably would've given it to TJ last season over Conacher, because TJ was the better of the two in the second half of the season in Norfolk, in my opinion.
Pete - that ability to win faceoffs at a near 60% clip while up here for 14 games. That is outstanding and he was used frequently on the PK and PP for that skill. Plus he actually is relentless on the puck pursuit which is fabulous. Can't wait till he puts on another 10 of muscle hopefully over the summer which should help him to make the transition to the NHL.

Yes - BC to me is having an outstanding year and has turned the corner. He is what we all wish Percy could be but can only have a wet dream of reaching that goal.

BC and TJ should both make the roster next year that to me means there are some changes in the wind at Fluff palace on Channelside next year.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post

Good on TJ especially with missing games when he was in Tampa. Remember you saying that you thought TJ had better NHL upside than Conacher. His faceoff ability is huge, considered Stammer's still having growing pains there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbolt View Post
Yes - BC to me is having an outstanding year and has turned the corner. He is what we all wish Percy could be but can only have a wet dream of reaching that goal.

BC and TJ should both make the roster next year that to me means there are some changes in the wind at Fluff palace on Channelside next year.
Don't get the irrational hate for Purcell. Do you really think Connolly is better than Purcell is right now? Teddy's put up 51, 65, and another pro-rated 65 point seasons. Connolly has that upside, and yes, Teddy is not a power forward, but Connolly isn't exactly Milan Lucic either.