BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

When I saw all the tricks Stamkos was doing before we drafted him I thought he'd be a shootout magician. Then he goes out there and is completely unadventurous. St. Louis did some real nifty stuff on his scores, then nothing. Vinny has his move that always works but now he can never actually lift the puck over the pad any more. It's mind boggling. Love the guys that just go in and pick a top corner like Hedman at least.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
Except Yzerman could have had Kassian if he wanted him. Why is it so hard to accept that Yzerman happens to like Crombeen?
Ha! I think if Crobeen won 50% of his bouts, he'd be a fan favorite- the hard part is watching him lose convincingly- almost every time... I wonder if he got a call from Dominos to do a spot getting knocked out by a slice of pepperoni??? Jerry Cooney had a better record than the Beanstalk....
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
... I wonder if he got a call from Dominos to do a spot getting knocked out by a slice of pepperoni??? Jerry ...
Well, the was the now famous, "Blimpy Sub" ad!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Ha! I think if Crobeen won 50% of his bouts, he'd be a fan favorite- the hard part is watching him lose convincingly- almost every time... I wonder if he got a call from Dominos to do a spot getting knocked out by a slice of pepperoni??? Jerry Cooney had a better record than the Beanstalk....
The problem I have with him, isn't his W/L%, it's that he drops the gloves to get 5 minutes sitting on a different bench in the arena, he doesn't even try.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
When I saw all the tricks Stamkos was doing before we drafted him I thought he'd be a shootout magician. Then he goes out there and is completely unadventurous. St. Louis did some real nifty stuff on his scores, then nothing. Vinny has his move that always works but now he can never actually lift the puck over the pad any more. It's mind boggling. Love the guys that just go in and pick a top corner like Hedman at least.
I thought Malone was consistently good when he got a chance. He just shoots a few feet out and puts it in a tough spot -- above or below the stick hand or through the five-hole. At least he tries. Some of these guys might as well roll the puck to the goalie.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Exactly. I'm sick of the half ass backhand forehand deke that doesn't even require the goalie to move.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Much ado

Ithink you are making much ado about nothing regarding my opinion about Crombeen, I did not say get Kassian, but a guy like him..eg a heavyweight. I think we have better alternatives to Crombeen...very simple. Is SFY going to trade Crombeen...I said probably not...recognizing that SFY likes the guy. Yet this is a business and I doubt a good GM loves any player except maybe Stammer orGretzky and even Gretzky got traded.