BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

DC, DC, of all places just started this year. It has less to do with 9/11 stuff than it does all the recent shooting massacres. Regardless, I have no problem with it as long as it gets organized and doesn't keep people on the streets, in the cold (we're not all in Florida), for periods of time.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Fuck that shit. That's horrible. Why are they doing this just NOW, TWELVE years after all the 9/11 paranoia? So basically they ruin everyone's time getting into the game for zero added value. I've stuck to my guns not going to a single home game this year, partially because of the lockout, this definitely seals it. I'll be back next season but I certainly won't enjoy this aspect of the experience.
+1

It's worth noting it isn't 9/11 paranoia when they've repeatedly proven they really do have a whole worldwide network of followers who really are systematically out to get you as part of a larger scheme; by contrast this IS overblown, hysterical paranoia arising from irrational fear of being shot by a random maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
I wonder if they can explain this to us. I bet they can't tell us of an incident that would warrant such action other than the courts say they can. This is total garbage.
Yes it is. Exaggerated knee-jerk reaction to isolated incidents of self-loathing rogue nutjobs wielding firearms, living out their twisted video game fantasies and gaining what they see as 'significance' to their existence by snuffing out that of other people

From 2009 http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...s-nothing-fear

Quote:
Heavy-handed policies...while these interventions will likely have little to no effect on future occurrences of mass murder, they will make people feel like something is being done to protect them from the boogeyman...The take-home message of all of this is that we should be a lot less afraid of many of the things that scare us. Yes, terrible things such as plane crashes, terrorism, and mass murder do happen. But the good news is that the chances that any of us will be affected by any of these events are so remote that we can safely relax and not worry about them.
IT Dept. (Inconvenient Truth): Montgomery AL had the coolest July 30 since reliable record keeping began in 1872. Wednesday's low of 59 degrees shattered the previous low of 66 degrees set in 1889. Weather Service meteorologist Michael Garrison said it was the coolest temperature Montgomery had experienced in July, [tying] the record that Montgomery experienced on July 20, 2009. This was the third round of record-setting lows the area has seen this July.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Penny lane alert

GO CATS GO!
Grew up just north of Burlington and spent many evenings in B town.

Even though the season is over, hope you had a chance to go to the Gut, its an awesome arena with tons of atmosphere. Just a great place to see a game...and a bonus is the wide olympic sized ice surface.
Made it to the Gut today! Nice little arena. Got shots of the rink and the banners commemorating Marty and Eric's achievements! Very awesome. Unfortunately the Hall of Fame was closed so I have no idea if that was worth seeing.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Please just lose out so we have a shot at Seth Jones. Yeah I said it
Old 04-11-2013, 04:37 PM

#Refresh
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM

Meh play hard and let the hockey gods shine on us one way or another. Not gonna pull for a tank. Why post that in this thread though? Too late for the Sens game.