BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Brewer is still serviceable and calm.
I keep seeing Brewer make mistakes that no player with his experience level should be making. The tools are all there, but he's just not putting it together. He played incredible hockey after we acquired him, but he's gotten the reputation for being fool's gold for a reason, and he sure as hell fooled Yzerman into giving him that contract.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Side View Post
Tell us who you don't like and why.
Two words...second one is 'Jean'.

(The why is beyond obvious)
For Democrats every day is opposite day. Getting destroyed in an election means the other side better wise up...record cold is evidence of too much heat...those who use guns to break the law will suddenly obey a law banning guns. And more law enforcement makes a community less safe.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM
BP Staff

BurnTHalO, Coldrice, Eric (Acehawk74)...check your PMs.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaej View Post
Ian White has also been my most recurring thought for a potential UFA target, but with the recent holes left it DET's blue line, you have to think they're going to try harder than we can to keep him.
Detroit has a glut of defensemen and White has been scratched a good bit, wouldn't be surprised if he was let go. DeKeyser has played pretty well and it's rumored that Jimmy Howard will be getting a contract extension for $5.3 mil AAV --- probably pushes White out (Filppula and Cleary, too).
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Won't rehash contracts previously mentioned, all good ideas.

I would aquire two D men using some of our assets.
One we would knickname "the hammer". A big fast mobile shut down guy who just wrecks you with physical contact...enough to make you think about him when you are on the ice.

The second D man would be a Boyle clone, fast, smart, decent in the D zone but a legitimate and absolute offensive threat anytime he is on the ice sneaking in the backdoor to rip one from the slot. A game changer as it would demand they keep their forwards a bit higher giving our wingers in the corners a bit more space.

Goalie.
Yes, we have two projects, but I would consider moving one, or both for a legitimate starter while our kids in the system develop.
Not convinced that Bishop is the answer...but hope he is.

V4....I hope he retires here, but as a business decision, tough call. Often injured, production down, big paycheck. Would hate to see him go, but you asked.

Ohlund. May be a good guy, dont know, but we have to lose his contract.

Last, I would push to widen the ice surface. I did not check, but would like to know just how wide we can go. Like the old Boston Garden at 188 feet, gotta do something to enhance home ice advantage and that would open up the ice a bit for that crossice pass to a ripping Stamkos snapper to the upper corner.

Last edited by gphockey; 04-11-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Default 200 x 85 is mandated

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26458

otherwise you could change dimensions for each and every visitor to your perceived advantage. Novel thought for change, but our guys look old except for the Crunch guys and I think we might not really want a big rink.

Cap next year will dictate all our moves...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts37205 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26458

otherwise you could change dimensions for each and every visitor to your perceived advantage. Novel thought for change, but our guys look old except for the Crunch guys and I think we might not really want a big rink.
Thanks for link...did notice this from the rules....
Any variations from any of the foregoing dimensions shall require official authorization by the League.

So I guess you would have to plead your case, doubt they would change it just to accomadate the ripping cross ice stammershot.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Default 200x85

Too bad the move from Norfolk to Syracuse squeezed those speedy AHL kids into a shorter rink. War Memorial is only 180 or 190 feet long I think. Makes a difference in the style of game you can play.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Default Brewer

Yeah I can see trading Brewer and Malone, along with Crombeen. But it is all about who are their replacements?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM
John Tortorella's Binky

Default Gawd I hate to agree on Brewer

but Brewer, Crombeen, Labrie and Ohlund need to be off the books. Ohlund is dead in the water and has been ever since he went to Cleveland because that is a last gasp and rarely successful operation to try and come back from in any sport. Aulie and Lee will get extra time to try and make it since SFY chose them as a first spin as GM. Linback we are stuck with and Bishop looks like he is not a savior but is serviceable. Gotta find someone who can compliment Stammer and play at his speed. Gotta find some toughness in a bigger package to ride sherrif on the bad guys who love to see our little guys on ice near the boards. Salo, Brewer and Carle should never be paired with any of the others. Just gets ugly and looks like they get in each other's way when on ice together in any combination.