BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

PAY WINDAH!

Bishop beats rook!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 PM

Well the lovefest between Ottawa and Tampa fans is already over thanks to the sore losers north of the border. Who didn't see that coming?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Killorn is so poised with the puck as a rookie.. Imagine this kid in 3-4 years.. yowza.
He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team. He's amazing with the puck and uses his speed effectively.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

was a beast tonight. Extremely happy with how he got under Gonchar's skin.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Good game

Some thoughts from last night. Barberio has better speed than I thought, was a bit shaky but it was his first game and he has, for the most part, excellent passing skills. I look forward to his next game and eventually earning the moniker fear Barberio. Loved Panik hitting the crap out of Gonchar, at least twice, and his trip of Stammer got us the PP goal gotta love that. I am waiting for an explosion of goals from Panik, he has the tools just needs to harness them better and take advantage of his opponents. Bishop was excellent, nothing you can do about fluky goals, they just happen. D at times was snarky, too many give aways again, but Big Ben saved them,can't believe I am saying that. Marty needs to shoot more, wish I understood why he is not shooting more...by the way did anyone see the pic of Marty in shorts...he is cut, wow all the women watching must have been drooling. If the improvements keep coming next year should be fun.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Just had dinner at a Burlington, VT sports pub where they had Eric Perrin and Martin St. Louis Lightning memorabilia up. They love their Catamounts! Hoping that is some good mojo.
Penny lane alert

GO CATS GO!
Grew up just north of Burlington and spent many evenings in B town.

Even though the season is over, hope you had a chance to go to the Gut, its an awesome arena with tons of atmosphere. Just a great place to see a game...and a bonus is the wide olympic sized ice surface.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Enrico Ciccone's Blimpie Sub

Interesting tweets from EE:
"Cooper said @ Pouliot scratch (paraphrasing) we want to get looks at other guys in certain situations and felt this was best lineup vs Ott

Read into that what you will about Pouliot, but to me sounds like "we are going in a different direction''

None-the-less i hope he is wrong.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
Interesting tweets from EE:
"Cooper said @ Pouliot scratch (paraphrasing) we want to get looks at other guys in certain situations and felt this was best lineup vs Ott

Read into that what you will about Pouliot, but to me sounds like "we are going in a different direction''

None-the-less i hope he is wrong.
I don't know. I read into that he knew Neal and Co. was coming in, and he needed guys that could push back (Malone, Labrie, etc.). Maybe I'm just reading what I want to hear, but I think he knows he needs to get nastier against teams like Ottawa and Boston.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I don't know. I read into that he knew Neal and Co. was coming in, and he needed guys that could push back (Malone, Labrie, etc.). Maybe I'm just reading what I want to hear, but I think he knows he needs to get nastier against teams like Ottawa and Boston.
Pouliout at 6-3 200 lbs wouldn't be my first choice to scratch if that were the case. Does explain Tyrell/Pyatt being scratched though
Old 04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Happy to see Vinny returning to his early season beast form. If only we could keep him healthy an entire season AND have something to play for.