BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Johnny Shortside

Whats the view on Sorensen? I mean he was good enough that Roy moved Kucherov over him. (Although I guess age may have also played a big part). PPG this season in the Q as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
At #3 you're guaranteed one of Jones, Drouin, or MacKinnon
Yep!

Draft is beginning to take a bit more shape...

1. Drouin/Jones
2. Drouin/Jones
3. MacKinnon
4. Barkov
5. Nichuskin

Seems to be a drop past 5 and then past 10

I'm thinking Defenseman with size all of the way. Jones would be a coup. Nurse/Ristolainen/Zadarov if Jones isn't there. Or deal out of the draft completely to an over anxious team for future picks.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:30 PM
BP Staff

I would agree with you except for the fact Nichushkin seems like Yzerman's dream. We need a forward with size. We like Russians. He plays with Nesterov, who the Lightning scouts have an odd love affair with.

The draft is deep and I could see them spending the rest of it addressing defense, but Nichushkin will be hard for them to pass on.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:26 PM

But is nuchuskin a power forward? We have forwards with size..connolly, panik, and brown. Thats what we need, and you can probably get your power forward types later in the 1st or second round
Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
But is nuchuskin a power forward? We have forwards with size..connolly, panik, and brown. Thats what we need, and you can probably get your power forward types later in the 1st or second round
According to most reports I've seen Nichuskin is a Malkin-clone.

Big, has weight, can skate, hands like butter, excellent vision, and has an amazing hockey IQ.

On the NHL site one of the scouts who did a mock draft listed him as the most talented skater in the draft. That's high praise in a draft that's suspected to be very deep.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
According to most reports I've seen Nichuskin is a Malkin-clone.

Big, has weight, can skate, hands like butter, excellent vision, and has an amazing hockey IQ.

On the NHL site one of the scouts who did a mock draft listed him as the most talented skater in the draft. That's high praise in a draft that's suspected to be very deep.
Prospects always get outrageous tags. Just saying i dont think we are lacking size up front, we dont have power forwards but you can get those later. You cant get #1 d unless you get super lucky. But ive got no problem drafting nichuskin. I much prefer that instead of reaching
Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Just saying i dont think we are lacking size up front
If you get Nichushkin, you no longer have to rely on the 2 months out of the year Ryan Malone isn't broken.

Is Nichushkin a classic power forward like Cam Neely? No. Is he hard on the puck and big and strong enough to go into the traffic areas? Yes.

Connolly and J.T. Brown aren't really power forwards. Panik qualifies in the Marian Hossa sense.

I've said it several times, a guy like Nichushkin would be the perfect compliment to Kucherov and Namestnikov.

He'll be DAMNED hard to pass on.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Judging by the way the big club is playing lately, it'll be damned hard to decide between Jones and Nichushkin. Hell, we might have the No. 1 overall pick the way we're free-fallin in the standings.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Judging by the way the big club is playing lately, it'll be damned hard to decide between Jones and Nichushkin. Hell, we might have the No. 1 overall pick the way we're free-fallin in the standings.
Easy..... you go with Seth Jones.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Yeah Seth Jones is a no brainer to me. But after that with the forwards it gets hard as it depends what type of forward you think we need and how soon we need them.