BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

gimme seth jones
Old 04-07-2013, 10:50 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
I guess you could say that if they got there, they would be so hot that they could win a round or two, but honestly, they are better off adding another high draft choice to the mix.
Maybe so, maybe not - personally I'd like another playoff run or two to get the kids the experience and, more importantly, further bond 91 to the organization before the entire nation of Canada begins his next free agent vigil (which I'm pegging at July 2014, 2 years left in his contract). One trip to the post season his first 4 years and counting....

Last edited by mustang; 04-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
Maybe so, maybe not - personally I'd like another playoff run or two to get the kids the experience and, more importantly, further bond 91 to the organization before the entire nation of Canada begins his next free agent vigil (which I'm pegging at July 2014, 2 years left in his contract). One trip to the post season his first 4 years and counting....
You have another year without worry. You can only extend a year in advance.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You have another year without worry. You can only extend a year in advance.
Formalities aside, and maybe this is more suited for the offseason, but 91's had four times as many coaches as playoff appearances with the TBL and obviously wants to be in the conversation of best players in the game. Crosby, Ovechkin, Giroux, Malkin, Toews, etc. - all those guys get to measure their standing in the game against one another in the postseason. Our guy had one magical run with a since-canned coach in a half-decade, and is playing on a team with two unproven child-giant goalies, a beaucoup shaky d-corps, and a new head coach whose instincts are to play the teenyboppers who got him here (love Killorn, heady player, future mainstay, and could be a second or third liner on any Cup team, but more minutes last night than 91, 26, 16, or 4 for a rookie who's scored twice in the last 13?).

Can somebody get Steven Stamkos into the playoffs? Excuse me, the NHL playoffs?

Last edited by mustang; 04-07-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Just blowing off some steam. Hope springs eternal - maybe they'll make a run this year or next. I do hope Cooper and the kids all turn out as good as advertised, and I'm sure 91 will sign at least one more contract with the org. with or without future playoff appearances.

And we'll always have 2004. Some cities and organizations can't even say that.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Rick Tocchet's Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
Purcell seemed to take a nap after having one of his better games last outing.
Yup that is his preferred style throw you a hail mary get ya to think he's turned the at the age of 27 and voila - more of the same puke.
But that disease is spreading Stammer, Marty, Vinny, Panik, Brewer, Gudas, Pyatt all had a boatload of turnovers and stupid errant passes.
Cooper prefers hockey not pond hockey seems all of our seniors prefer the pond. Well that may get us some highlight reel goals on Espn but rarely does it get you a WIN which is all that matters.
Lot's of work for Cooper and some major decisions for the GM this summer.
It's golf time Vinny will be thrilled.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

I was impressed with the Isles, who were without top-line wing Matt Moulson. They've become a good team rather suddenly, huh? Maybe I've overlooked them because Nabokov and Visnovsky didn't want to be there, but man, those guys are proven studs at their positions (as is Tavares) and the rest of the team plays (or at least played last night) in a very structured and tenacious way. A little too much clutching and grabbing was allowed (you might've heard Chief muttering wordlessly about it in the third), but the refs aren't going to call everything. I thought the Islanders earned the two points in the first and again in the second half of the third (which is inexcusable for our Bolts) because they won a lot more pucks and totally controlled (or clogged) the neutral zone. During those times when the ice was tilted, we saw a Tampa Bay team that was part confused and part unwilling to pay the price of outworking a hard-working team.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

So basically we're seeing the same thing from many players that got Boucher canned. Maybe the off season is time for SFY to do a little house cleaning?

How can you continue to make the same stupid, low percentage play time after time and know 99% of the time it's not going to work?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbolt View Post
How can you continue to make the same stupid, low percentage play time after time and know 99% of the time it's not going to work?
Sounds like the Webster's definition of "insanity"