BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
I hate that Crombeen has a roster spot on the Lightning as much as anyone but the fact that he took #19 has nothing to do with these struggles and it's laughable to suggest.
You have fun fighting that straw man. Totally not what I was saying. At all.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

glad we were able to help our rivals out
Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Tough nite for the Bronc's...

The Witko-DeKeyser watch begins
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Look like the Toronto Maple Leafs / play like the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I'll say this one more time. Our team colors are primarily--and it's inconceivable that the guys in charge just flat don't get how perfect this is for a hockey team--black & blue. Always have been. Always will be.

Blue may be my favorite color, but my jersey collection stopped dead in its tracks when they rolled out the obvious, horrible TOR imitation.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
I'll say this one more time. Our team colors are primarily--and it's inconceivable that the guys in charge just flat don't get how perfect this is for a hockey team--black & blue. Always have been. Always will be.

Blue may be my favorite color, but my jersey collection stopped dead in its tracks when they rolled out the obvious, horrible TOR imitation.
I get that we want to have more of a connection back to the organization's roots but I personally like the direction they've gone. The color scheme may, at present, be unquestionably Toronto-esque and the logo may be be underwhelming (but it's much less flawed than what they had in the past, IMO) but, put together, I do believe achieves what was intended: the establishment of a classic-looking brand that can survive minor alterations (I do wish they'd incorporate more black and bring back the victory stripes) and won't seem dated in a few years or decades time.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Blue is my favorite color, have always wanted the Lightning to add more. That said, the current jersey still hasn't grown on me. It looks dated right now. Classic - maybe, boring - yes. I don't think I'll ever buy one, not because of the omission of black, because it simply doesn't look good to me. I think they need to start over with both the jersey and the logo.

Or they could create a new logo and slap it on the current thirds. Much better balance with the blue jersey and black pants.

The only thing I like about the new jerseys is the white lightning bolt on the blue pants looks good. But the white jersey is just barren of features or interest.

I think the Crunch have better jerserys than us, I'd be fine with those and our logo - would be a huge improvement.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Cooper's Law

I always figured Yzerman went with the new ones so that Detroit would no longer have the ugliest uniforms in the league.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Johnny Shortside

Apart from Dekeyser and Sustr is there word on Tampa being interested in any other college UFAs?

What about someone like Eriah Hayes?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Would love Hayes... very suitable 3rd liner. He's a grinder for those not in the know. Big, can skate, smart... also the reason why the Hawks invited him to camp too
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post
Would love Hayes... very suitable 3rd liner. He's a grinder for those not in the know. Big, can skate, smart... also the reason why the Hawks invited him to camp too
Thats what I figured, a powerforward to balance out our system full of talented smurfs.
Closed Thread