BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
FWIW, Garrioch said the Rags offered Del Zotto, Kreider and their first round pick in 2014 for Ryan O'Reilly in an article in today's Ottawa Sun...
I heard about as much, but the Avalanche didn't have any interest in Kreider.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I don't understand that. Kreider seems legit, log jam of talented forward prospects aside he would be a great fit as a physical power forward here.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM
BP Staff

Kreider's AHL stats have been pretty poopy, which probably gives some GM's pause considering his hands were a bit of a question when he was drafted.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

IIRC correctly, Kreider was also playing in a subpar league when he was drafted, as well.

He's a very good prospect. The Rangers (at least the media and fans) obviously overrate him like everyone else on the roster, and I wonder if he's considered an untouchable.

My question for this hypothetical is: do we really need him? Yes, he brings size, and you could view him as a potential Carter Ashton replacement, but we have an embarrassment of forward prospects and really could use a solid top 4 D who's not a few years away from the glue factory.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
...really could use a solid top 4 D who's not a few years away from the glue factory.
True...and nice turn of phrase there, nj
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
My question for this hypothetical is: do we really need him?
The attraction with Kreider would be that we lack size at the forward position. The hope would be that you're getting your Ryan Malone replacement, with some speed to burn.

That said, in any deal with the Rangers he's not at the top of my list. Hagelin and Del Zotto are, personally.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
IIRC correctly, Kreider was also playing in a subpar league when he was drafted, as well.
Kreider was the 19th pick in the 1st round 2009, after winning the national championship in 2010 with Boston College, he went pro, seeing good icetime in the Rags' playoff run. It is my thought that if Gretzky, esposito, Orr, can be moved, anyone can be be moved for the right reasons. Considering this team's lack of success in the last two seasons, I would say anyone on the roster should be traded for the right return- after all, the guys we have now aren't even at five hundred. This team is very very inconsistent- remind you of one of our players? The Captain maybe? That said, I really like the way V4 is playing THIS season- but it isn't getting us into the playoffs, and that IS the problem. Not making the playoffs with the roster we have is not good- got to look at the coaching first- I also would like to see Y make a move at the deadline, just to put players on notice....
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Kreider was the 19th pick in the 1st round 2009, after winning the national championship in 2010 with Boston College, he went pro, seeing good icetime in the Rags' playoff run. It is my thought that if Gretzky, esposito, Orr, can be moved, anyone can be be moved for the right reasons. Considering this team's lack of success in the last two seasons, I would say anyone on the roster should be traded for the right return- after all, the guys we have now aren't even at five hundred. This team is very very inconsistent- remind you of one of our players? The Captain maybe? That said, I really like the way V4 is playing THIS season- but it isn't getting us into the playoffs, and that IS the problem. Not making the playoffs with the roster we have is not good- got to look at the coaching first- I also would like to see Y make a move at the deadline, just to put players on notice....
Orr was never traded.

They're not making the playoffs because they gambled with a new coach and young goalie....2 things that aren't the Lightning's strong suit.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Cooper's Law

I think his point was that he played for Boston and Chicago.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 PM

It sounded like when he said "moved" he meant "traded". As going on your own free will, isn't being "moved" so to speak....