BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 AM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
FWIW, Garrioch said the Rags offered Del Zotto, Kreider and their first round pick in 2014 for Ryan O'Reilly in an article in today's Ottawa Sun...
I heard about as much, but the Avalanche didn't have any interest in Kreider.
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,429
Default

I don't understand that. Kreider seems legit, log jam of talented forward prospects aside he would be a great fit as a physical power forward here.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,070
Default

Kreider's AHL stats have been pretty poopy, which probably gives some GM's pause considering his hands were a bit of a question when he was drafted.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2013-2014: 25+2
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 PM
njbolt12's Avatar
njbolt12 njbolt12 is offline
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,736
Send a message via AIM to njbolt12
Default

IIRC correctly, Kreider was also playing in a subpar league when he was drafted, as well.

He's a very good prospect. The Rangers (at least the media and fans) obviously overrate him like everyone else on the roster, and I wonder if he's considered an untouchable.

My question for this hypothetical is: do we really need him? Yes, he brings size, and you could view him as a potential Carter Ashton replacement, but we have an embarrassment of forward prospects and really could use a solid top 4 D who's not a few years away from the glue factory.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
...really could use a solid top 4 D who's not a few years away from the glue factory.
True...and nice turn of phrase there, nj
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,070
Default

Quote:
My question for this hypothetical is: do we really need him?
The attraction with Kreider would be that we lack size at the forward position. The hope would be that you're getting your Ryan Malone replacement, with some speed to burn.

That said, in any deal with the Rangers he's not at the top of my list. Hagelin and Del Zotto are, personally.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2013-2014: 25+2
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
sandalskate's Avatar
sandalskate sandalskate is offline
John Tortorella's Doghouse
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dunedin, Fl.
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
IIRC correctly, Kreider was also playing in a subpar league when he was drafted, as well.
Kreider was the 19th pick in the 1st round 2009, after winning the national championship in 2010 with Boston College, he went pro, seeing good icetime in the Rags' playoff run. It is my thought that if Gretzky, esposito, Orr, can be moved, anyone can be be moved for the right reasons. Considering this team's lack of success in the last two seasons, I would say anyone on the roster should be traded for the right return- after all, the guys we have now aren't even at five hundred. This team is very very inconsistent- remind you of one of our players? The Captain maybe? That said, I really like the way V4 is playing THIS season- but it isn't getting us into the playoffs, and that IS the problem. Not making the playoffs with the roster we have is not good- got to look at the coaching first- I also would like to see Y make a move at the deadline, just to put players on notice....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Kreider was the 19th pick in the 1st round 2009, after winning the national championship in 2010 with Boston College, he went pro, seeing good icetime in the Rags' playoff run. It is my thought that if Gretzky, esposito, Orr, can be moved, anyone can be be moved for the right reasons. Considering this team's lack of success in the last two seasons, I would say anyone on the roster should be traded for the right return- after all, the guys we have now aren't even at five hundred. This team is very very inconsistent- remind you of one of our players? The Captain maybe? That said, I really like the way V4 is playing THIS season- but it isn't getting us into the playoffs, and that IS the problem. Not making the playoffs with the roster we have is not good- got to look at the coaching first- I also would like to see Y make a move at the deadline, just to put players on notice....
Orr was never traded.

They're not making the playoffs because they gambled with a new coach and young goalie....2 things that aren't the Lightning's strong suit.
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,400
Default

I think his point was that he played for Boston and Chicago.
__________________
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 PM
KyleFreadrich43's Avatar
KyleFreadrich43 KyleFreadrich43 is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,171
Default

It sounded like when he said "moved" he meant "traded". As going on your own free will, isn't being "moved" so to speak....
__________________
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.