BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

I don't think Miller stole anything. He played solid and was in good position on the shots, but the Lightning generated very few grade-A chances, much less second chances.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
SO GLAD I was not there last night to hear Lets go Buff---a---looo and watching fans cavort like they won the cup.
Not that they would even have a tiny clue as to what that's like
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Zo View Post
I don't think Miller stole anything. He played solid and was in good position on the shots, but the Lightning generated very few grade-A chances, much less second chances.
This is exactly what I saw as well. Not trying to take anything away from Miller, but also not elevating the offensive chances we created. I don't think we failed to create from lack of effort, but probably by trying to be too fancy again. Pouliot at least continues to go to the net.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Old-Skool Assassin

None of 91's blasts got elevation. They were 10-24" off the ice, and Miller was ready for them. It would have taken perfect, rising one timers to beat him, given his positioning. He definitaly moves out at the shooter to cut down angles.

Outside of the two pipes, the only shots that really threatened for a goal were those taken from the middle, just inside the blueline, and produced small rebounds. Half of MAB's blasts seemed to miss the net...Terrible PP passing and shooting. Give Pouilliot and Conacher credit for being in front of the net at every possibility.

Overall, I like the legs and the willingness to take a hit to make a play, but the lack of SOG on the PP drives me crazy.

And, note to 26, don't feel like you've got to win the game by yourself. Relax a little and just shoot da puck more...there's nothing wrong with the rubber that comes off that Warrior stick!!