BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
Just watched the Crombeen fight again... Brown definitely throws one late after the ref slowly came in. It looked to me like he understood what was going on.
You can see by Brown's reaction afterward that there was a clear misunderstanding.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

What is it in Crombeen's reaction that makes you think that? Crombeen doesn't react angrily about it, but he doesn't give the guy a pat or a nod or any other indication I can see that he was cool with it. They're saying something at the end, but I have no idea what.

The part is not justifiable to me is that Brown sees the ref slowly come in and is talking to both of them while they are locked up, they aren't swinging. Brown looks like he's trying to face wash Crombeen, and after the ref gets there and puts his hands on both of them, Brown gives another little shot. It's not that bad of a shot, maybe he just did it out of frustration of losing and Crombeen was just happy to finally win a fight this year.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat664422 View Post
What is it in Crombeen's reaction that makes you think that? Crombeen doesn't react angrily about it, but he doesn't give the guy a pat or a nod or any other indication I can see that he was cool with it. They're saying something at the end, but I have no idea what.

The part is not justifiable to me is that Brown sees the ref slowly come in and is talking to both of them while they are locked up, they aren't swinging. Brown looks like he's trying to face wash Crombeen, and after the ref gets there and puts his hands on both of them, Brown gives another little shot. It's not that bad of a shot, maybe he just did it out of frustration of losing and Crombeen was just happy to finally win a fight this year.
It's possible, but to me, it looks like Brown asks Crombeen if he was ok, and Crombeen says "I'm ok". You can see by the discussion Brown has with the linesman on the way to the bench, that something was misunderstood. He wasn't angry about it, but he was clearly talking to the linesman about what had happened. Had Crombeen reacted out of anger or something like that, I would have thought more about it, but he didn't seem worried.