BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

I doubt the big poodle puddle even knew anything about Tokarski.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

We can count our legit #1s on two middle fingers...so tired of having nothing but backups for 20 yrs., except the Scoopa and the Wall. As I posted last year, at once a decade, we're now DUE!

Wahappen?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:48 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
you could say the same about ramo. he rocks in the khl but I highly doubt he will be that good in the nhl.
Ramo has never been as consistent for Omsk as Janus has been for Bratislava this season, IMO. Ramo also never ran off a double digit winning streak in the AHL or any other level of pro like Janus did last season. I can tell you I know of at least one player who was in Norfolk last season who believed Janus was the better of the two netminders and shouldn't have been sitting. There's a reason why BriseBois said the Lightning want him back.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Ramo has never been as consistent for Omsk as Janus has been for Bratislava this season, IMO. Ramo also never ran off a double digit winning streak in the AHL or any other level of pro like Janus did last season. I can tell you I know of at least one player who was in Norfolk last season who believed Janus was the better of the two netminders and shouldn't have been sitting. There's a reason why BriseBois said the Lightning want him back.
Record wise no, stats wise, he improved each year though.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Looks to me like they're willing to give Lindback plenty of time ( 2-3 years, unless the wheels come off) To establish his number onedness. By then, they probably will be hoping that Vasilievsky is ready to take a shot at the NHL, hopefully backing up a well established Lindback, and prepping to assume the reigns as numero uno- that is plan A. Plan B comes into play only if Lindback is injured or cannot handle the job- Bottom line: Lindback is and will be the defacto starter for the forseeable future-drunk poodle is a tool anyway, he proved that to me with his rage agsainst nets above the glass and shields to protect players' eyes- I also remember him insinuating we should go back to leather helmets to make it...."safer". Shot anda beer, shot anda beer, shot anda beer......
Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalskate View Post
Looks to me like they're willing to give Lindback plenty of time ( 2-3 years, unless the wheels come off) To establish his number onedness.
You don't give up two 2nd round picks and a 3rd round pick unless you ALREADY made that decision before you make the trade. You don't give that up for a "we'll give him a season or so..."
Old 02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
You don't give up two 2nd round picks and a 3rd round pick unless you ALREADY made that decision before you make the trade. You don't give that up for a "we'll give him a season or so..."
Very true. So why all the speculation about goaltending? Lindback #1. Garon #2, until next season. Next season there might be a little competition for #2, Desjardin and... whomever else the Bolts want to take a long look at- 3 years from now, Vasilievsky- first as a back up, then a starter if he proves himself worthy. Thats it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:36 PM
BP Staff

Helenius has shutouts in 2 of his last 3 starts and has allowed just 1 goal in his last 3 games. If I know Jon Cooper, Desjardins isn't playing until Helenius cools off, and what we learned about Riku last year with JYP is that when he gets on a streak, he's damned near invincible.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Cooper's Law

This has been an unexpected bonus. Has he just hit a Biron streak, is he getting more comfortable over here, has the distraction that caused him to have to return home been resolved, has the Tic trade made him more confident?

Whatever, keep it going,
Old 02-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

awsome job Riku - keep it up & tik stops 47 of 49 today. Yep the AHL goalies of syracuse weren't good enough according to SY. But a week ago Riku sucked didn't he? And here we go again. Riku is going to outplay Cedric by miles is my prediction.