BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Review

True Lindback was amazing at times and yes I think he will be a true number 1 for us as he gets his experience. The stop on Markov was just unreal but then he is learning and with any learning experience you good and bad. I think by the end of the season there will be much more good than bad.
We have never gotten a fair shake from Jackson, he hates Phil and thus the Bolts for whatever the reason. They actually sent him out west for a year which was nice for us. The only team that gets great calls seem to be the bruins and anyone playing the Bolts.
Guy needs to to play Salo so many minutes,he makes more mistakes the longer heis on the ice. His TOI should be between 15-20 minutes. Aulie seems to be getting better which means a coach is doing a good job and it means he can pick up some minutes from Salo. Hedman had a breakout game last night, as he gets more confident he will take over games.
The sloppy play has to stop and they need to dish out the hits and not just be the recipients. It was great to see Panik and Killorn do their share of dishing it out, others should take note.
I also hope they pick up Kassian, BJ is not a fighter/ enforcer we need one bad to stop the runs on our guys.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

LOL...I was flipping the dial tonight and landed on 620 Duemig's show...a caller was saying how he is a STH since day 1 and that we "need to draft a goalie next year"...Duemig remembered halfway thru the call that he was in PIT for the draft last season and that we drafted a goalie #19 overall...the STH goes "oh I didn't realize that"...obviously a HUGE fan
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
LOL...I was flipping the dial tonight and landed on 620 Duemig's show...a caller was saying how he is a STH since day 1 and that we "need to draft a goalie next year"...Duemig remembered halfway thru the call that he was in PIT for the draft last season and that we drafted a goalie #19 overall...the STH goes "oh I didn't realize that"...obviously a HUGE fan
But but but - being an STH from day 1 automatically means you have a say and know hockey, right? I'm so confused... I thought once you draft a guy he can immediately help your team out no matter what.

[/sarcasm]

That stuff kills me.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
What is the saying..."it's better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" or something like that.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
I thought Stammer played goalie so why do we need to draft one
Old 02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
John Tortorella's Doghouse

ok- sweet analysis- I was actually refering to this particular thread, where folks are so hard on the goaltenders night in night out- I'll say it one more time- Garon is a bonafide NHLer- yup, he had a bad game...As I recall, the rest of the boys played pretty lousy too- As for Lindback- It takes some time to develope into what we need him to be- If he is better in the playoffs than he is right now- that is really what we are shooting for. The team needs to play better all around, or it won't really matter how good the netminders are....