BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
I agree with that, but I think the point trying to be made, was that Malone should have been fighting BEFORE Vinny.
Even with Crombeen out after his fight, Labrie was available and I'm pretty sure I saw it reported that he made overtures to Rinaldo. Simply not Malone's role.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Even with Crombeen out after his fight, Labrie was available and I'm pretty sure I saw it reported that he made overtures to Rinaldo. Simply not Malone's role.
I didn't see that if it happened, but if that's the case, he needs to force the issue, and show more of an aggressive side.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:
So you judge him being a good fighter by winning a fight against a guy who is 7 inches smaller and 30 pounds lighter?

I just don't get your logic or what you've seen to lead you on that he's a good fighter. I mean, by your logic, if you fight guys that don't usually fight or are smaller than you, somehow makes you a good fighter.

Fight fans and for the most part the fighters themselves, judge fights and fighters by their experience, track record, and quality of talent. I dont know what measurement you use.
I didn't say he was a good fighter, I said he wouldn't back down. And you were the one who used Rinaldo in your list of Flyers goons who were going to intimidate the Bolts, yet Aulie pummeled him so again how and why exactly is Aulie going to be intimidated by a guy he already pummeled?

As for measuring, you yourself said Aulie hasn't faced true an equal competitor so how can you even come close to passing judgement on his fighting level? Personally I haven't labeled him with anything other than I have yet to see him "lose" a fight regardless of competition and as we all saw in this thread he pummeled Rinaldo (who by the way KO'd a bigger Crombeen so certainly has some fighting ability). That being said, with his size he will almost always have some size advantage in a fight and his demeanor certainly doesn't lend itself to backing down. So with a no loss record, a pummeling of a decent to good fighter, and his size advantage/demeanor I believe he can stand toe to toe with any of the guys you listed. Will he win or lose, even you don't know the answer to that question b/c like you said there isn't a track record to make a prediction. Beyond that I haven't labeled Aulie as anything other than a willing combatant.

Again, my opinion is not going to change on this until someone beats Aulie or he backs down from a fight so we will agree to disagree
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Aulie isn't here to fight, but he certainly isn't out there to make friends with the other team. He is out there to intimidate, and he does a great job of that IMO.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
I didn't say he was a good fighter, I said he wouldn't back down. And you were the one who used Rinaldo in your list of Flyers goons who were going to intimidate the Bolts, yet Aulie pummeled him so again how and why exactly is Aulie going to be intimidated by a guy he already pummeled?
Who said he'd be paired up with him against Philly? I listed the guys from the Flyers who fight, nothing to do with Aulie. I didn't mention Rinaldo in the list of guys I'd like to see Aulie fight.

Quote:
As for measuring, you yourself said Aulie hasn't faced true an equal competitor so how can you even come close to passing judgement on his fighting level?
I haven't seen it, but I'm sure from being able to piece things together that I have seen, I cannot obtain flight by flapping my arms.

Quote:
Personally I haven't labeled him with anything other than I have yet to see him "lose" a fight regardless of competition and as we all saw in this thread he pummeled Rinaldo (who by the way KO'd a bigger Crombeen so certainly has some fighting ability).
I'm not saying Rinaldo isn't a fighter, and Crombeen is more in his league, but if Aulie is fighting him, it's because Rinaldo isn't worried about it. You can't be taken seriously by only fighting guys smaller than you with fighting experience, or bigger guys without hardly 10 fights in their careers. That's called a spot-picker.

Quote:
That being said, with his size he will almost always have some size advantage in a fight and his demeanor certainly doesn't lend itself to backing down.
Yes, he might always have the height advantage in a fight, but as for a no loss record....eh....you might be off there....also, he's only had 15 pro fights, the 2 he lost were against the 2 better fighters, the 2 he had draws, one was with a good fighter, the other has 6 career fights.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

For the 10 pro fights he's won, for each guy he fought that had a 20 fight season, he fought twice as many with 10 or less career fights. It's hard not to have a good record when you don't fight any real challenges, hell, I could be the heavyweight champ if all I fought was guys smaller than me or without any real fighting experience.

Quote:
So with a no loss record, a pummeling of a decent to good fighter, and his size advantage/demeanor I believe he can stand toe to toe with any of the guys you listed.
But he HASN'T, nor has he made any attempt to. He could have easily gone after Neil just for being alive, he shouldn't need an excuse.

Quote:
Will he win or lose, even you don't know the answer to that question b/c like you said there isn't a track record to make a prediction. Beyond that I haven't labeled Aulie as anything other than a willing combatant.
Willing would indicate that he's doing something to make a fight happen, not push and shove a little. As for the track record comment, that's exactly part of it, his "track record" is to fight guys who are either smaller than him, and for the record, i'm talking about guys 5'9-6'1, not guys 6'4 or 6'5, just so you don't go throwing that height thing around again, or not as experienced.

Quote:
Again, my opinion is not going to change on this until someone beats Aulie or he backs down from a fight so we will agree to disagree
And my opinion won't change until Aulie fights someone worth mentioning.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Barry Melrose's Hairstylist

I believe you mentioned before the season started that while Crombeen is a willing participent he's not really in the heavyweight class.

With the recent demotion of Cam Janssens would he be someone the Bolts could look at to fill that role? Do you think it's necessary? I can't see VL having to fight every other game and Malone doesn't seem, to me, all that interested to backing up his team mates so far this season.

Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbolt View Post
I believe you mentioned before the season started that while Crombeen is a willing participent he's not really in the heavyweight class.

With the recent demotion of Cam Janssens would he be someone the Bolts could look at to fill that role? Do you think it's necessary? I can't see VL having to fight every other game and Malone doesn't seem, to me, all that interested to backing up his team mates so far this season.

Thoughts?
Though Janssens is a good fighter for his size, I'd much rather have Matt Kassian from Minnesota. And since they just traded for Mike Rupp, he will probably be waived or traded soon. Minnesota already has Rupp, Konopka, and Clutterbuck.

My logic has always been, its better to have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
I'm sure from being able to piece things together that I have seen, I cannot obtain flight by flapping my arms.
Finally, some common ground for agreement
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Quote:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Well you got me in that he "lost" a fight. I had never seen all of his fights nor do I care to, especially considering that one was with the Marlies but he lost so congrats.

As for the rest...moving on
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Well you got me in that he "lost" a fight. I had never seen all of his fights nor do I care to, especially considering that one was with the Marlies but he lost so congrats.

As for the rest...moving on
Exactly. Like the rest of your argument, it came across as you "didn't see it".

I'm fine with that.