BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
+1

It's also the only important thing because the fight itself in most cases is nothing. It lasts mere seconds and involves mostly off-balance grappling, flailing and scuffling...not much to "score". Very little actual boxing ever occurs, as J43 pointed out, even when Crombeen takes no fewer than 19 blows to the bare noggin, they amount to essentially zilch except to demonstrate he's getting his ass kicked, really hard and with wild abandon, on TV. Even though he takes a decisive butt-whuppin' he wins--but only if it fires up his team and they go on to win the game.
Most fights suck now a days because the "fighters" don't have any skill at it.

Not sure where ANYONE ever said Crombeen has taken an ass kicking this season. I know nobody on any of the fight sites has thought so.

I agree, it's good for the other players to "wake up" after a fight, sometimes it's because they're skating around in a catatonic state. Whatever excuse they need to get moving.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
Not sure where ANYONE ever said Crombeen has taken an ass kicking this season. I know nobody on any of the fight sites has thought so.
Run Will Robinson! Danger! That does not compute.

Not quibbling about the relative quality of each and every punch thrown,....we can just agree to disagree that anytime someone quickly yanks your helmet off, but you can't remove theirs...and proceeds to land 19 shots to your skull with relative ease while you manage to squeeze in two, one of which that helmet will be feeling for a week,...you got your ass kicked all over the ice, in front of millions. That can be me alone all by myself who thinks that, and the rest of the millions who watched the event can proclaim Crombeen's prowess and victory

next topic...
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Run Will Robinson! Danger! That does not compute.

Not quibbling about the relative quality of each and every punch thrown,....we can just agree to disagree that anytime someone quickly yanks your helmet off, but you can't remove theirs...and proceeds to land 19 shots to your skull with relative ease while you manage to squeeze in two, one of which that helmet will be feeling for a week,...you got your ass kicked all over the ice, in front of millions. That can be me alone all by myself who thinks that, and the rest of the millions who watched the event can proclaim Crombeen's prowess and victory

next topic...
I must have missed out on the seminar about punches just being thrown counts as an ass kicking. I was always under the impression they had to land.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I was always under the impression they had to land.
We agree on that valid point. Like Rodney King and 9/11, people watching the same video can come away with wildly divergent conclusions no matter how plainly obvious the images are, and each side thinks the other is hopelessly, completely wrong. In this case I'm more amazed by your position than you could ever possibly be by mine. You could be like, "Well, of course people might think he got his ass kicked--look at all those punches, from only his opponent, some of which are hitting him in the head" where it's hard on this end to come around to "Crombeen did just fine in that matchup, it ended up pretty even." It felt bizarre even just trying to type that.

Unless we're labeling Crombeen an airhead, that was actually Crombeen's cranium getting pummeled...even if only half of them had landed, it still qualified as an ass-whuppin'. It's basically inescapable. But remember I'm not trying to convince anyone; as I said, we can agree that this is only me who thinks being in a one-sided fight and absorbing a dozen or more healthy slugs with my bare head while I flail helplessly means I'm getting my ass whipped.

By "next topic" I meant a different one from this one
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
We agree on that valid point. Like Rodney King and 9/11, people watching the same video can come away with wildly divergent conclusions no matter how plainly obvious the images are, and each side thinks the other is hopelessly, completely wrong. In this case I'm more amazed by your position than you could ever possibly be by mine. You could be like, "Well, of course people might think he got his ass kicked--look at all those punches, from only his opponent, some of which are hitting him in the head" where it's hard on this end to come around to "Crombeen did just fine in that matchup, it ended up pretty even." It felt bizarre even just trying to type that.

Unless we're labeling Crombeen an airhead, that was actually Crombeen's cranium getting pummeled...even if only half of them had landed, it still qualified as an ass-whuppin'. It's basically inescapable. But remember I'm not trying to convince anyone; as I said, we can agree that this is only me who thinks being in a one-sided fight and absorbing a dozen or more healthy slugs with my bare head while I flail helplessly means I'm getting my ass whipped.

By "next topic" I meant a different one from this one
I'm assuming the closest you've come to a hockey fight is seeing it on TV or perhaps live from a distant view?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'm assuming the closest you've come to a hockey fight is seeing it on TV or perhaps live from a distant view?
Never assume. When you assume,...

No, actually I've been in a few, and I've won them all. (When I think winning a fight, I think landing one punch to every ten by my opponent. Seems like a nice round number.) My winning strategy is always first off to lose my helmet. Then, while not hitting back, I usually try to cut and bruise the hell out of the guy's knuckles using my skull, until he gets tired or simply bored. (Like the rest of us all are with this topic.)

Next. Topic.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 02-03-2013 at 08:49 AM.