Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Deal to purchase Coyotes fails

Quote:
Coyotes deal off, Jamison wants to try again
January 31, 2013

Coyotes fans’ worst fears were realized Thursday when prospective owner Greg Jamison acknowledged to FOX Sports Arizona that he was unable to meet a Jan. 31 deadline to complete the purchase of the team.

“We will be unable to complete a deal by the deadline,” Jamison said in a telephone conversation. “We’re still going to pursue a deal anyway, but it will be a different deal.”

If another group is unable to complete the sale this season, it could mean the end of the Coyotes’ tenure in Arizona -- one that began in 1996 when the franchise relocated from Winnipeg. Quebec City and Seattle have been mentioned as potential landing places, as has Markham, Ontario, a town north of Toronto that recently approved funds to build an NHL-style arena.
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/3...77&feedID=3702

Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Ovechkin just made one of the most ridiculously selfish plays I've ever seen in all my years watching hockey. With the Caps down 3-2 to the Leafs late in the third, he skates into the Leafs zone with the puck, and skates around the net from the right side. He circles the net, comes up the left side, back through just inside the blue line, then circles the right side again. Down around the net, comes back up on the left side again, and then makes a weak pass that is picked off for a clear. For the math majors among us, that's roughly a 630 degree rotation (around the entire Leafs zone almost twice) with nothing to show for it.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

God damn. That team can never finish a deal. I feel for Phoenix. Feels like it's never going to be resolved one way or another.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Cooper's Law

And the Caps move into 1st place - if you start at the bottom.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Send a message via AIM to njbolt12

In case anyone's wondering why Milan Lucic - or any other Bruin - didn't act a fool during their game against the Sabres, here's your answer:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Of course it wouldn't happen, but I'd rather see Lucic or Horton on the receiving end of that beat down.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbolt12 View Post
In case anyone's wondering why Milan Lucic - or any other Bruin - didn't act a fool during their game against the Sabres, here's your answer:

Of course it wouldn't happen, but I'd rather see Lucic or Horton on the receiving end of that beat down.
Most Sabre fans were hoping for the same thing considering the Lucic/Miller incident, but most knew, unless Lucic pushed the issue, there was no way he'd take on Scott.

It took the Sabres a little while to realize the Bruins weren't/couldn't respond after that. I hope Thornton is ok. He's a stand up guy that has to answer for a lot of shit started by his teammates.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleFreadrich43 View Post
Most Sabre fans were hoping for the same thing considering the Lucic/Miller incident, but most knew, unless Lucic pushed the issue, there was no way he'd take on Scott.

It took the Sabres a little while to realize the Bruins weren't/couldn't respond after that. I hope Thornton is ok. He's a stand up guy that has to answer for a lot of shit started by his teammates.
Thornton took the beating that Lucic deserved. Must be nice to be so tough that you have to have other guys fight for you.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Thornton took the beating that Lucic deserved. Must be nice to be so tough that you have to have other guys fight for you.
That was a touchy situation. There was no way Lucic would outright fight Scott, and I'm sure Scott had been told not to force it and take any unnecessary penalties. Scott had a discussion with Thornton during the pregame skate, and I assume it was Thornton explaining that Lucic wouldn't fight him, and that Thornton would be his dance partner for the night.

That being said, Boston may be in trouble toughness wise, if Thornton is out for any length of time.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Really good analysis KF. I like Thornton, one of the few Bruins I respect. Scott came off as a class act too in his interview, he seemed legitimately concerned with Thornton's health (concussion, out 7-10 days).

Funny how the enforcers on the two teams come off as decent guys, while the rest of the players (Bruins in particular) are a bunch of clowns. Thornton got his brain bounced around his skull because of Lucic's antics. Going to be interesting following this matchup... I wonder if Scott will see anymore action since no one else on the Bruins is going to fight him.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM

Erskine knocks out Simmonds with a nice elbow. You stay classy in that cellar, Caps.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MjRoWT4i8RQ[/YOUTUBE]
Closed Thread