BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

It's getting ridiculous, and what's really upsetting is all of the nauseating finger pointing going on (most if it coming from you, Pinellas County) that's completely obfuscating any real and rational debate.

St. Pete says not enough Hillsborough County residents come support the Rays. Hillsborough says not enough Pinellas residents come to the games. Pinellas uses Thunderdome-inflated attendance figures and compares them to the present, using it as "proof" that they supported hockey better than Tampa. Then they point at the Bucs as further evidence the Rays would die here (notice how whenever a team fails in Tampa it's just Tampa's fault, but the Rays are immune to that same logic?). Then Orlando jumps in, somehow.

Before you know it, Bill Foster's Brigade and Hillsborough County will be left standing around, holding their respective you-know-whats and we'll be reading about the Opening Day Roster of the 2016 Charlotte Pioneers or some crap.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

So I guess David Price forgot how to pitch?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

It seems the whole staff took the day off today... Hell, let them get it out of there system now...
Old 04-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

Rays being no hit once again, so far thru 7 innings, by Buchholz and the Red Sox. Plus 2 defensive lapses during the game contributed to at least 2 runs being scored. No offense + poor defense = bad season.

But I'm sure Maddon will be his usual optimistic self in the post game
Old 04-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Time to bring up Myers and let him play. Every day. Sam Fuld's skills are better suited for selling cars.

Can anyone explain why Kelly Johnson was playing LF and Matt Joyce was DH?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Can anyone explain why Kelly Johnson was playing LF and Matt Joyce was DH?
Joe Maddon
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Damn. This team really sucks. I'm sorry, I just can't keep watching the "Rays Way," which appears to be an entire organization content with offensive ineptitude. You know what completely proves that they don't care in the least about offense? Derek Shelton is still employed. I mean, why bother?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Snoozin' Zyuzin (aka Suddenly Susan)

You have to wonder about it a little bit. Kelly Johnson should be good for closed to 20 HRs and has 1 and his batting average close to .200. Loney is a good .275-.280 hitter before coming here. If Luke Scott can ever get/stay healthy, he should be good for 20 HRs, 70 RBI the rest of the year. Longo got his first today, Jennings will get a bit better, Zobrist might be our best player. The hitting coach is the easy one to blame, but I would wager guys don't go up to the plate thinking of what Derek Shelton might have told them in the pregame, they are concentrating on what the pitcher has for stuff that night.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM

So you're saying the problem is that we really only have three reliable hitters on our entire 25-man roster in Longo, Zo and Jennings. The rest have major questions marks/issue. And I would agree with that assessment. Problem is, if the Rays don't even bother with the "easy" scrutiny of a hitting coach with a terrible track record, then Andrew Friedman is the only other person accountable. Maybe he's not such a wonderboy GM after all. I mean, one could make a pretty strong case that the Rays have almost zero clue when it comes to identifying hitters at any level.

Too bad the Rays' chosen "Way" just happens to produce a lot of boring yet competitive baseball. Maybe they should wise up and recognize that a league-average offense on a winning team would draw fans more regularly.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
So you're saying the problem is that we really only have three reliable hitters on our entire 25-man roster in Longo, Zo and Jennings. The rest have major questions marks/issue. And I would agree with that assessment. Problem is, if the Rays don't even bother with the "easy" scrutiny of a hitting coach with a terrible track record, then Andrew Friedman is the only other person accountable. Maybe he's not such a wonderboy GM after all. I mean, one could make a pretty strong case that the Rays have almost zero clue when it comes to identifying hitters at any level.

Too bad the Rays' chosen "Way" just happens to produce a lot of boring yet competitive baseball. Maybe they should wise up and recognize that a league-average offense on a winning team would draw fans more regularly.
Wow. This is a carbon copy "way" of David Poile's approach to Predators hockey.
Closed Thread