BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Yep! This is the year the reigns have been taken off Hedman, clearly. He's already in game shape from his time in Astana...plus he's got plenty of help now.

We have yet to really see Salo's other dimension, which is on the PP. He's your ideal guy on the right point, the problem is him staying healthy. Ideally, as Aulie grows you bump up his minutes and you give him the harder minutes...while you give Salo the less physical PP minutes and save him for the playoffs. A short season is favorable news for us in that regards!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
On paper we should always beat NYI; on the island, not so much. The Bolts just looked like they passed around the Sominex before game time.
The Mausoleum strikes again. That place sucks.

Quote:
They've scoured thousands of hours of videotape, desperately seeking an instance where a guy has actually had the unbridled nerve to...put his hand on the puck for an instant in the D zone to pass it. That rule change allowing the hand pass in the D zone apparently was just crying out for another one, solving a "problem" that absolutely NO ONE has devoted a single keystroke to anywhere, since it doesn't exist.
That was definitely a 'wtf' moment. I'm still not clear on why there was a penalty.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

What's with the picture of Aulie in Leafs uniform, RSchmitz?

I can tell because of the stripes.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
I've read tons of columns and thousands of posts in hundreds of threads,...and try as I might, I can't wrack my brain and remember one single sentence from anyone, at any time, referring to the serious problem of players....grabbing the hockey puck.
Sorry TS. It actually became a rather large problem last year. Manny Malhotra began using his hand to bat the puck back when his stick got tied up on defensive zone faceoffs. As with everything, it began to spread. A number of teams began using it is a faceoff tool and the league wanted to put a stop to it before it became wide spread.