BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Keefamania!

Dominic Moore‏@mooredom

I'd like to express our deep appreciation for the overwhelming care and sympathy we have received since my wife's passing on Monday.

The example Katie displayed throughout her life and in particular during her illness is a source of continued strength and inspiration...

..as is the love and support of those around us. Donations can be made to the future Katie Moore Foundation at http://katiemoore.org

How he had the strength to even write those tweets I can only imagine. Stay strong Dom
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Dominic Moore‏@mooredom

I'd like to express our deep appreciation for the overwhelming care and sympathy we have received since my wife's passing on Monday.

The example Katie displayed throughout her life and in particular during her illness is a source of continued strength and inspiration...

..as is the love and support of those around us. Donations can be made to the future Katie Moore Foundation at http://katiemoore.org

How he had the strength to even write those tweets I can only imagine. Stay strong Dom
I'm sure it is much harder to lose a spouse at such a young age, but you'd be amazed what prolonged stress can do to keep you going. My wife lost her battle with cancer in 2012 after a 4 1/2 year struggle, and you'd be amazed at how much inner strength you can summon being a caregiver and doing all the things you need to get done both before and after the disease takes its toll. I feel more tired and drained now than I did when I was caring for her 24/7, but you go on.

Dom will resume his career, and speaking from experience, its better to get back to work and keep your mind and body busy and active, than to sit at home and brood and fall into a deeper depression. My prayers go out to Dom and his supporting family to help him at this most trying time in his life...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I'm sure it is much harder to lose a spouse at such a young age, but you'd be amazed what prolonged stress can do to keep you going. My wife lost her battle with cancer in 2012 after a 4 1/2 year struggle, and you'd be amazed at how much inner strength you can summon being a caregiver and doing all the things you need to get done both before and after the disease takes its toll. I feel more tired and drained now than I did when I was caring for her 24/7, but you go on.

Dom will resume his career, and speaking from experience, its better to get back to work and keep your mind and body busy and active, than to sit at home and brood and fall into a deeper depression. My prayers go out to Dom and his supporting family to help him at this most trying time in his life...
My hat is off to you sir. In fact I just burned it.