BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 PM
XO Sniper

Send a message via AIM to MUDSHARK

The BPII hockey league has been renewed. I expect 1 or 2 openings with likely 10 players returning. 1 player from last year is not feeling well due to Diabetes. Get well Debbie. One other player is travelling extensively on work committments and may not be able to join this year.

Anyone interested including those showing interest above let me know by pm with e-mail address and I will send invitations as available. Please be active. Non-active players will not be invited back. Last year all the teams were active which made for a very good league.

I am planning on adding keepers this year. My first thought was 3 per team although those not electing keepers can take bonus draft picks instead. We will also draft in reverse order the first four rounds (including the keeper rounds) then snaking thereafter. This is just to make it a little harder for Astro (not that I think it will work).

Any teams making comments or suggestions will receive strong consideration as I consider this a Bolts Prospects league. I am merely the caretaker. I will e-mail more keeper information when all the teams are registed.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM
XO Sniper

From yahoo:

How the NHL lockout affects 2012-13 Fantasy Hockey season
ID: SLN8634Refers to: Fantasy Hockey
Description

This article explains how Yahoo! Sports will handle Fantasy Hockey leagues with the current NHL lockout.

Resolution

Yahoo! Sports is closely monitoring the NHL lockout. For now, however, we will continue with allowing managers to create, join and draft leagues. If you will, business as usual.

Should the NHL lockout end:

•We will adjust the game depending on what happens with the lockout and if the NHL's regular-season schedule is affected.
•Ramp up the number of draft times in the weeks before the scheduled season start.
•Adjust leagues that use the max games played setting

As of now we have 8 returning players with Aces and Coldrice expected to rejoin giving 10 returning players. This appears to be enough to initiate keepers for the first time. My thinking was 3 keepers per team but not more than one goaltender. If a team elects less keepers than three they will recieve draft picks at the front of the draft. I will move the deadlines back as soon as Yahoo lets me.

Xaej and Bolts26 previously expressed the desire to play. If you still wish to play then you will take over the roster of one of the non-returning teams. Kindly indicate continuing interest here.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
XO Sniper

BP II has 11 returning players. I, therefore have one opening. XAEJ and Bolts26 previously expressed interest. If after all that has happened either of you is still interested kindly post in this thread or send a pm and I will send an invitation. First come first served. If neither of you is interested I will consider other members here starting Tuesday.

We will be going to keepers this year for the first time in an attempt to more closely follow the BP elite league formula. We will start off with 2 keepers and increase to three next year and four the year after. I had inteneded to discuss this but time is short so we will have to wing it this year. The new manager will take over the team of the one team not returning due to illness.

The two keepers can include one goaltender. Draft order will be in reverse order of last year's finish starting after the two keeper rounds.

I will start a thread on the league site and e-mail all managers shortly.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Cool
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
XO Sniper

Popcorn Servers is not only beating me, he is breaking my heart. he has more points in two days then I usually get in a week.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

I'm joining the roster-showing-off pretty late, and I obviously can't remember the order in which I selected my players, and I've made some trades along the way, so here it is.

One year, H2H ESPN league (I'm definitely doing a keeper league next year, and anyone that wants to be a part of it should totally private message me)

F- Matt Moulson
C- John Tavares
C- Pavel Datsyuk
LW- Daniel Sedin
LW- Eric Staal
RW- Alexander Semin
RW- Corey Perry
D- Ryan Suter
D- Dustin Byfuglien
D- Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D- P.K. Subban
D- Kris Letang (IR)
UTIL- Joffrey Lupul (great waiver pick up.)
B- Ilya Kovalchuk (IR)
B- Lars Eller
B- Marian Gaborik
B- Miikka Kiprusoff
B- Roberto Luongo
G- Cory Schneider
G- Henrik Lundqvist

I had Erik Karlsson as well, but of course he had that season ending injury. I made it into the playoffs as my league's 3rd seed, I'm trying to land either Carey Price or Devan Dubnyk along with an extra forward with either of those goalies. I overextended for both, but I can afford it.

I love Fantasy Hockey.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:50 PM
XO Sniper

How am I going to find 4 worthwhile keepers from my mess of a team. The only players ranked in the top 50 are both goaltenders so I will have one ranked returning player. Can I pass? How about keeping three with a keeper to be named in a later year.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

When are we starting up again?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM
XO Sniper

I will do the renewal later this week. I was considering putting in an option for a third keeper in lieu of first draft pick. Comments will be welcomed.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM
XO Sniper

League renewed and waiting on a few of you to register. Anyone heard from Bassassin? ColdRice and Acehawk have chimed in so I expect them to register soon.