BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #891  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 AM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,949
Default Switch

Switching Columbus and Winnipeg makes good sense...probably why it won't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The NHL has told the PA that if a deal isn't reached by January 11 that the season will be cancelled.
And if by some miracle it isn't canceled, we get a 3-month practice season followed by a 2-month real one

Last edited by Top Shelf; 12-31-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Coldrice's Avatar
Coldrice Coldrice is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seminole, FL
Posts: 2,538
Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice
Default

Wow... Ken Campbell stealing my thunder

Quote:
Ken Campbell‏@THNKenCampbell

Being told that, as part of a counter proposal, NHLPA will try to make future expansion and relocation fees part of hockey related revenue
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Coldrice's Avatar
Coldrice Coldrice is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seminole, FL
Posts: 2,538
Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice
Default

An unlikely candidate tweets to the contrary

Quote:
David Shoalts@dshoalts

Just told NHLPA never considered or even discussed asking owners for a share of future expansion or relocation money.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,391
Default

And less than 1 hour after the talks began today, they end.

Bettman said that the owners gave on some of the players requests and stood firm on others. They will talk again tomorrow.
__________________
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
aapbolt aapbolt is offline
Dan Ellis' Money Problems
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,949
Default Tweets

The tweets through yahoo sports have been coming with a bunch of info. Seems like they are continuing to meet and discus, hopefully progress is being made. Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...hope springs eternal in steel city beer.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 4,391
Default

According to LeBrun, there is disappointment on both sides that the other hasn't moved much, but they continue to talk. 1:15 until the union has to make the decision on whether to disclaim.

An NHL spokesma said today that if they file, the season is over. But both sides have lied so much, who knows if it is true.
__________________
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Top Shelf's Avatar
Top Shelf Top Shelf is offline
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...
Why does that strike me as more credible than anything we've seen from the lawyers for either side?
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Alex's Avatar
Alex Alex is offline
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
The tweets through yahoo sports have been coming with a bunch of info. Seems like they are continuing to meet and discus, hopefully progress is being made. Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...hope springs eternal in steel city beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Why does that strike me as more credible than anything we've seen from the lawyers for either side?
I imagine this isn't the first time, or at least it has less to do with an impending deal than it does preparation. My g/f, who works with the Capitals' team doctor, has been told a couple of dates so far.

That being said, I'm still far more optimistic about this round than in the past.

To answer your question, TS, think of all the bullshit we've been fed so far... yeah, definitely agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,090
Default

If it doesn't pan out, at least we know where there's gonna be a surplus of beer to drown our sorrows in..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.