BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Switch

Switching Columbus and Winnipeg makes good sense...probably why it won't happen.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The NHL has told the PA that if a deal isn't reached by January 11 that the season will be cancelled.
And if by some miracle it isn't canceled, we get a 3-month practice season followed by a 2-month real one

Last edited by Top Shelf; 12-31-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Wow... Ken Campbell stealing my thunder

Quote:
Ken Campbell‏@THNKenCampbell

Being told that, as part of a counter proposal, NHLPA will try to make future expansion and relocation fees part of hockey related revenue
Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

An unlikely candidate tweets to the contrary

Quote:
David Shoalts@dshoalts

Just told NHLPA never considered or even discussed asking owners for a share of future expansion or relocation money.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Cooper's Law

And less than 1 hour after the talks began today, they end.

Bettman said that the owners gave on some of the players requests and stood firm on others. They will talk again tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Default Tweets

The tweets through yahoo sports have been coming with a bunch of info. Seems like they are continuing to meet and discus, hopefully progress is being made. Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...hope springs eternal in steel city beer.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Cooper's Law

According to LeBrun, there is disappointment on both sides that the other hasn't moved much, but they continue to talk. 1:15 until the union has to make the decision on whether to disclaim.

An NHL spokesma said today that if they file, the season is over. But both sides have lied so much, who knows if it is true.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...
Why does that strike me as more credible than anything we've seen from the lawyers for either side?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
The tweets through yahoo sports have been coming with a bunch of info. Seems like they are continuing to meet and discus, hopefully progress is being made. Something kind of funny, the wife and I went out for coffee and I wore my lightning hat, the guy working at the coffee shop struck up a conversation about the lockout and then told me his buddy works for the Pens and he told him they were told to place their beer orders late this afternoon for their home games...! That sounds positive to me...hope springs eternal in steel city beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Why does that strike me as more credible than anything we've seen from the lawyers for either side?
I imagine this isn't the first time, or at least it has less to do with an impending deal than it does preparation. My g/f, who works with the Capitals' team doctor, has been told a couple of dates so far.

That being said, I'm still far more optimistic about this round than in the past.

To answer your question, TS, think of all the bullshit we've been fed so far... yeah, definitely agree with you.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

If it doesn't pan out, at least we know where there's gonna be a surplus of beer to drown our sorrows in..