BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Cooper's Law

Unhappy

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup had its first 2 rounds drawn today.

Edit: I have no idea why it put a frowny face, must of hit something on my phone
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Cooper's Law

Haha, yeah, no frowning faces here. This year marks a new set-up for the cup that fits more closely with domestic cups in other leagues. All US-based MLS clubs (16 versus six in previous years) automatically qualify for the tournament .. no playoffs to get in. They enter in the 3rd round. The schedule is also more compressed to keep the tournament more relevant and easier to plan around. The size was also expanded .. 64 teams instead of 40.

You can argue automatically qualifying all MLS teams will create less potential for Cinderella campaigns, but on the other hand, it'll increase the qualify of play exponentially.

Should be a good one. I really want the US Open Cup to be viewed, eventually, as the FA Cup is in England.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery86 View Post
Haha, yeah, no frowning faces here. This year marks a new set-up for the cup that fits more closely with domestic cups in other leagues. All US-based MLS clubs (16 versus six in previous years) automatically qualify for the tournament .. no playoffs to get in. They enter in the 3rd round. The schedule is also more compressed to keep the tournament more relevant and easier to plan around. The size was also expanded .. 64 teams instead of 40.

You can argue automatically qualifying all MLS teams will create less potential for Cinderella campaigns, but on the other hand, it'll increase the qualify of play exponentially.

Should be a good one. I really want the US Open Cup to be viewed, eventually, as the FA Cup is in England.
no offense but good luck with that. we europeans don't rate the MLS very high. guys like thierry henry or michael ballack go there when their carrer in europe is over. The MLS got better in the last few years but the leaque is just not good enough. and the FA cup is the most longest and prestigious Cup in football/soccer. the brithish laugh about the german DFB-Cup for instance. like I said I dind't want to attack you in any way. I wanted to give you an insight what europeans think of the MLS. Just ask yourself what you think of european basketball or hockey teams. compared to the nba or nhl absolutely nothing
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I think he's talking about how it is viewed domestically, not internationally. Currently even most MLS teams treat the tournament as an afterthought, whereas in England it's still a worthy trophy to seek.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I think he's talking about how it is viewed domestically, not internationally. Currently even most MLS teams treat the tournament as an afterthought, whereas in England it's still a worthy trophy to seek.
Yes, I meant domestically. Sorry I wasn't more clear! I won't fool myself into thinking Europe cares very much for MLS for a long time, probably. Haha.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

I have to apalogize, too. I dind't get what you mean
Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Boy, I was excited that I thought I might get to go to the Women's World Cup. So much for that. No idea why they selected to stay as far away as possible from their largest city.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM

After giving up what should have been the winning goal on a penalty in injury time, Boca comes back and scores on a bicycle kick from a corner to tie it up again. Epic.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 AM

OMG Lescott WTF!!!

De Jong you suck. Get out of the way.

ROFL Joey Barton does it again. Oh my.. What a piece of trash that guy is. That should be a PK on principle. Screw where it happened.

Unfuckingbelievable. What shitty defending..

Put Balotelli in, at least he can win a ball in the air.

Last edited by Hoek; 05-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:54 AM

YESSSS!!! YESSS!!! GOOOOOOOOAAAALLL!!! Aguero!! Bien carajo!

CITY ARE CHAMPIONS!

What a game. I think this has to be the most incredible finish in the Premier League era.

I'm glad QPR didn't get relegated. They made a game of it and deserve to stay up. Just need better discipline!

Last edited by Hoek; 05-13-2012 at 11:11 AM.