BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The BP Front Page

Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
BP Staff

Default AHL Playoff Game Night: 4-27-12 Admirals at Monarchs Game Four

And the legend of Alex Killorn is born...

NOR-4
MCH-3 (OT)

Norfolk Wins the Series 3-1

Dustin Tokarski allowed 3 goals on 25 shots for the victory. He wasn't as on it tonight as he was in Game Three, but he was able to stay sharp enough in a game where he didn't see a ton of shots.

First Period
MCH Azevedo, (1) , 0:38

Second Period
NOR Oberg, (1) (Killorn, Picard), 7:18
MCH Mullen, (1) (Kozun, O'Neill), 11:18
MCH Andreoff, (2) (Hickey, Vey), 15:37 (PP)
NOR Barberio, (2) (Conacher, Ouellet), 16:58 (PP)
NOR Smith, (2) (Gudas), 17:14

Third Period
NO SCORING

Overtime
NOR Killorn, (1) (Picard), 13:27

Killorn and Trevor Smith were the game's first and third stars. Killorn just looks like an NHLer. He plays a good north-south game. Skates well. Wins battles. Goes to the high-traffic areas. Backchecks hard. He's as honest a player as he is talented, and he just had a great first playoff round in his professional career. He had 2 goals and 6 points in his first 10 professional regular season games, and he just matched that point total with 1 goal and 6 points in his first 4 professional playoff games.

Norfolk has 3 days to rest and, we hope, get healthy, before they move into the next round against the 6th seed, the Connecticut Whale, on Wednesday. Connecticut swept Bridgeport in the opening round and will be coming to Norfolk for Game One and Game Two in a 2-3-2 playoff format. However, of interest, Game Five (if necessary) will be played in Bridgeport and not Hartford. How interesting that a scheduling conflict works in Norfolk's favor in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The Admirals swept the Whale during the regular season 4-0, with 3 regulations victories and 1 shootout win.

Box score from TheAHL.com.

http://www.boltprospects.com/content...rchs-game-four
Old 04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Cooper's Law

OT question: for players playing in the playoffs in the NHL, AHL, and ECHL how are they paid? Do they continue to get the same paycheck for as long as they keep going or is there another method used for determining salaries during the playoffs?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
OT question: for players playing in the playoffs in the NHL, AHL, and ECHL how are they paid? Do they continue to get the same paycheck for as long as they keep going or is there another method used for determining salaries during the playoffs?
from what I heard on the radio by pete a while back, the ticket price increases pay the players to some extent. In norfolk all the tickets went up one dollar. I think the NHL they also get playoff bonuses.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
from what I heard on the radio by pete a while back, the ticket price increases pay the players to some extent. In norfolk all the tickets went up one dollar. I think the NHL they also get playoff bonuses.
I concur with Shawn but, IIRC, that is AHL wide (not just Norfolk). Additionally, I don't believe they get any further compensation beyond that. However, [that does not sound right to me] I could be wrong...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

they may still get per diem but I think that is <100
Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

NHL players get bonuses depending on how far the team goes, but they don't make their regular salary.