BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Farm

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Jim Hodges wrote an excellent article in this morning's Pilot. Seems things are still up in the air. The Bolts would like to move but nothing done yet.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/03/admi...rent-club-says
good read. I think they already have made a decision and will announce them after/straight before the playoffs
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Steve Downie's Kisses

If Syracuse says a deal is finalized with a team that is not the Ducks, it's already decided. TB and Norfolk brass just want to do the right thing and not distract from the amazing run the Ads are having. Because the TB and Norfolk brass aren't asses.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Larry Hirsch's Travel Agent

Well the Syracuse owner is following Panthers people on twitter now, too. Maybe he's just a giant d-bag that likes messing with people?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby View Post
Well the Syracuse owner is following Panthers people on twitter now, too. Maybe he's just a giant d-bag that likes messing with people?
It's called feeble attempt at re-direction, cover-up, and PR recovery.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby View Post

Maybe he likes hockey?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Maybe he likes hockey?
Negative
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Only thing not going is front office and devos and whoever is on an admirals only contract.

I don't think I would keep writing if affiliates switch. I don't care about Anaheim or its fans or its terrible prospect system.
Devos would go also as he is Tampa property even though hes on an ahl contract. It was discussed last season when the affiliation was up in the air. There are only a handful of ahl teams that sign and pay their own ahl contracted players and in those situations the ahl only players would not move with the affiliation assuming they are under contract for the following year.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
BP Staff

It would serve the guy right to get stuck being the Panthers affiliate.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via Yahoo to Coldrice

Is this little blurb on the TBL main site a foreshadow?

Quote:
As if that wasn’t enough, adding to the challenge was the team’s travel schedule, in which its closest opponent in terms of distance other than the Charlotte Checkers is the Washington Capitals’ affiliate in Hershey, Pennsylvania, located approximately 317 miles from Norfolk. By the way, the Admirals travel to the majority of their away games by bus, and by the time the current season is over, the club will have made road trips to destinations as far as Albany, New York, Bridgeport, Connecticut and Providence, Rhode Island.
Article from yesterday

Or merely acknowledging the additional hurdle involved during the streak. I get the latter, however I just get the feel when I read it that it's stage setting
Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrice View Post
Is this little blurb on the TBL main site a foreshadow?

Article from yesterday

Or merely acknowledging the additional hurdle involved during the streak. I get the latter, however I just get the feel when I read it that it's stage setting
I think we have all accepted our fate that this is the last year with TB. I really think that the travelling can't be the reason for leaving because of what this team has done this year - you can't say the travel has had ANY effect on the development or play of our players - especially the rookies. There's more to the story than what TB wants to publicly put out there.

It's a shame because we have stood behind this organization for 5 years. It's not like the travel has just become an issue - it's been an issue since the team has been in Norfolk so whoever comes in after TB will have to deal with it also. Just wish TB could have been more honest with us fans and put it out there when the rumors started instead of keeping us hanging on. (And please don't make the comment that they don't owe the fans anything, we've heard it already!)

Also - just think about it TB fans that don't think we have a right to be upset about the situation - how would you feel if the Bolts were on the verge of playing for the Stanley Cup and you started hearing that they were going to move to another city and you were going to get a team like Columbus to replace them -you would be upset too!
Closed Thread