BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Channelside (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Darren Dreger reporting Lightning close to deal with Matt Carle. (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8224)

KyleFreadrich43 07-04-2012 08:19 PM

Darren Dreger reporting Lightning close to deal with Matt Carle.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Working on details. Matt Carle is closing in on a deal with Tampa Bay Lightning.

6yrs/$5.5 average.

Bolts_26 07-04-2012 08:29 PM

Yes!

I know there was some talking on this board against Carle but I'm far from confident with what we have on D right now.

BurnTHalO 07-04-2012 08:35 PM

Oh dear god, it had better be like a vokoun deal.

Sean 07-04-2012 08:37 PM

Carle is NOT the dman we should overpay for. I'm so afraid of the $$ on this contract.

Hoek 07-04-2012 08:41 PM

I have faith that the contract won't be too bad. I'm sure we'll "overpay" since it's crazyseason, but whatever it is it shouldn't hamstring us for 13 years. :p

Acehawk74 07-04-2012 08:42 PM

Same. I actually like Carle a lot. His games when we had him last were under Melrose.. so it's hard to hold anything against him there.

He fits a need. Hopefully he's not overly overpaid here...but I trust Yzerman to make it work out.

Bolts_26 07-04-2012 08:47 PM

Obviously he's going to be overpaid. I'm sure Yzerman checked out the trading block and saw that no deals would be made that way. I think Carle gets 4.5 million but we'll see... we are dealing with SFY here.

If Carle is overpaid real bad, I hope it would at least be on a short term-ish deal.

Acehawk74 07-04-2012 08:48 PM

@TBLightning
The Lightning have signed defenseman Matt Carle to a six-year contract tonight, Steve Yzerman has announced.

‏@erlendssontrib
Right around what you would expect RT @DarrenDreger: Carles agrees to 6 year contract with Tampa Bay. $5.5 aav.

Right around what I expected. Terms a bit long, but I'm ok with it. It's simply the going rate these days for a younger d-man. I'd much rather have him than trading for a guy and giving up an asset and paying a mil less.

BurnTHalO 07-04-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acehawk74 (Post 134568)
Same. I actually like Carle a lot. His games when we had him last were under Melrose.. so it's hard to hold anything against him there.

He fits a need. Hopefully he's not overly overpaid here...but I trust Yzerman to make it work out.

Eh, thought he was bad in his own zone, thought the same when I saw him in philly. Not sure what need that would fill if that is still the case.

And i still think we give yzerman way to much of a pass. Im not sure how well Detroit has done since he started there. Id have to really go back and look at that though and I'm in no shape for that now.

The Great Zo 07-04-2012 08:51 PM

Six years, $5.5 million average per year.