BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports Talk (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   UFC thread (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4400)

ChaseSpace 08-02-2010 05:29 PM

UFC thread

Didn't see a thread so I thought I would start one.

Anyone looking towards this Saturday when Anderson Silva takes on Chael Sonnen? Chael's trash talking has gotten on my nerves.

CTLightning26 08-02-2010 07:54 PM

No...

Because it sucks...

Avery86 08-02-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTLightning26 (Post 77270)
No...

Because it sucks...

Man. Come on. Don't be that guy.

Flycoon 08-02-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTLightning26 (Post 77270)
No...

Because it sucks...

Guilty pleasure for some. I don't care for it either, but I was a rasslin' fan some years back so I have no room to criticize.

ChaseSpace 08-02-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flycoon (Post 77277)
Guilty pleasure for some. I don't care for it either, but I was a rasslin' fan some years back so I have no room to criticize.

I've noticed that when it comes to mma, there's no inbetween feelings. It's either "I like it" or "It sucks"

Hoek 08-02-2010 09:54 PM

Not really a fighting/wrestling/boxing fan in general. Main thing that bugs me about MMA is it basically devolves into a grappling match on the floor every time I catch it on TV. I don't see what's "mixed" or "martial arts" about that, but feel free to correct and enlighten me.

pete 08-02-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

I've noticed that when it comes to mma, there's no inbetween feelings. It's either "I like it" or "It sucks"
It's like boxing. You have to sit through some stinkers to get to a really good fight. I don't have the patience, for the most part.

ChaseSpace 08-03-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoek (Post 77284)
Not really a fighting/wrestling/boxing fan in general. Main thing that bugs me about MMA is it basically devolves into a grappling match on the floor every time I catch it on TV. I don't see what's "mixed" or "martial arts" about that, but feel free to correct and enlighten me.

The reason it's called mixed martial arts because generally fighter bring a few different type of styles to the fight like boxing or muay-thai for stand-up, wrestling, judo, or greco wrestling for takedowns, and jiu jitsu for grappling and submissions.

It took me like a month to understand that.

CTLightning26 08-03-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery86 (Post 77271)
Man. Come on. Don't be that guy.

I am that guy Avery.....I really, really hate it...Mostly i hate it because it gets way too much attention from the sports world...It is entertainment for some....not sports
Boxing, at least, has a science to it...
IMO, this is just two scary-looking guys trying to beat the hell out of each other in a cage. I don't find that entertaining at all.

at least with wrestling, you knew it was fake and could laugh at times.

the_narrow_way 08-03-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTLightning26 (Post 77294)
It is entertainment for some....not sports

If you can call golf a sport, then MMA fighting is definitely a sport.

Quote:

Boxing, at least, has a science to it...

Why don't you think MMA has any 'science' to it?

Quote:

IMO, this is just two scary-looking guys trying to beat the hell out of each other in a cage. I don't find that entertaining at all.

So, it's boxing plus whatever else they can come up with? That seems more entertaining than only being to throw punches.