BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Draft (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2013 Entry Draft (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8203)

ChaseSpace 03-08-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoek (Post 142797)
Eww he played for the Junior Panthers. Pass. :p

Just kidding.

It would be pretty cool to grab him in the mid/late rounds if he's there. But going through the Panther system pretty sure they'll wanna grab him too.

pete 03-15-2013 11:40 PM

Guys to keep an eye on:

LW Valeri Nichushkin, Chelyabinsk (RUS): I don't know if the Lightning are really going into this draft thinking forward, but if they pick in the top-5 and Seth Jones is off the board, I think this might be their guy. Gives the Lightning both size (which they really need) and skill. I could see him being the last piece on a very strong and productive line with Kucherov and Namestnikov.

D Ryan Pulock, Brandon (WHL): Extremely competent two-way blueliner with the very coveted big righty shot. Might be the best fit for what the Lightning need on the board outside of Jones. Looks poised as hell on the PP, and with that big righty shot the Lightning could go back to the old Oates era PP alignment with Stamkos in the LW circle.

D Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS (FIN): Big, mobile righty shot defenseman. At a minimum, he's a good stay-at-homer, but he has some offensive upside. Physically mature, has been playing against men, and considered close to NHL-ready.

D Nikita Zadorov, London (OHL): Triple word score here for playing in London, which the Lightning took Namestnikov from, coming out of the CSKA MHL team where Gusev and Kucherov came out of, and for being Russian. Big, mobile shut down defenseman.

pete 03-15-2013 11:42 PM

One other thing: this looks like a damned deep draft to me. The Lightning will get a player with their 2nd rounder, and if they can pick up more top-60 picks as sellers at the deadline, they might be able to pick up quite a lot of nice pieces.

thefly 03-16-2013 06:23 PM

live pulock, don't think he will be picked very high. and I think we will draft very high again

aapbolt 03-20-2013 05:42 PM

We could be drafting at #3at this point, who could we pick at that spot? I have seen some stuff about alexasander barkov .... Any thoughts/ comments?

ChaseSpace 03-20-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aapbolt (Post 143423)
We could be drafting at #3at this point, who could we pick at that spot? I have seen some stuff about alexasander barkov .... Any thoughts/ comments?

At #3 you're guaranteed one of Jones, Drouin, or MacKinnon

bassassin 03-20-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseSpace (Post 143425)
At #3 you're guaranteed one of Jones, Drouin, or MacKinnon

This. #4 would be an interesting question though, you're in the 2nd tier then.

Donnie D 03-20-2013 06:07 PM

Like the year of Spezachuk, when we drafted #3? The only person who thought there were 3 studs in that draft was Dudley.

pete 03-23-2013 12:51 PM

There's quality past 3. Nichushkin really could be a stud playing alongside what we already have.

dannybolt 03-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 143655)
There's quality past 3. Nichushkin really could be a stud playing alongside what we already have.

Is there anyone who has had a season ending injury that we can reach on?