BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Room (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   AK 47's (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6539)

Flycoon 03-30-2011 07:08 AM

AK 47's
 
Longoria's AK-47 stolen in the Port Charlotte burglary of the home he was renting with Price and Brignac. AK-47? Really?

Maybe he was just planning on cruising the streets around the Trop in his Camaro (also stolen) with his AK for company. Just rolling Cali style.

Jester47 03-30-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flycoon (Post 99877)
.. Just rolling Cali style.

you mean, "Talib" style!!!!

WaiverWire 03-30-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flycoon (Post 99877)
Longoria's AK-47 stolen in the Port Charlotte burglary of the home he was renting with Price and Brignac. AK-47? Really?

Maybe he was just planning on cruising the streets around the Trop in his Camaro (also stolen) with his AK for company. Just rolling Cali style.

it's a leagal firearm.......so whats the issue :noidea:

He has the right to have the firearm. And if you do not think he should I think you would shocked to know just how many are out there.

the_narrow_way 03-30-2011 11:40 AM

It may be legal but I question why that is the case in the first place. I can see a pistol being used for self-defense and I can see rifles being used for hunting (which I very-much dislike but c'est la vie). What practical use is there for a firearm like an AK47?

Dman21 03-30-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_narrow_way (Post 99903)
It may be legal but I question why that is the case in the first place. I can see a pistol being used for self-defense and I can see rifles being used for hunting (which I very-much dislike but c'est la vie). What practical use is there for a firearm like an AK47?

I hunt and shoot recreationally and I can tell you that the only practical use for an AK-47 is as a fun weapon to just shoot at targets. If you are not a shooter you may not understand how therapeutic shooting a firearm can be. I find that after I have been to the range or outside shooting I am much more relaxed. Just my .02

Hoek 03-30-2011 02:23 PM

My question is why did he bring it with him to the spring training house? That's the kind of thing you want to keep a little more securely, at least I'd think so.

Flycoon 03-30-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_narrow_way (Post 99903)
What practical use is there for a firearm like an AK47?

Drive by shootings.

Don't give me the lame "home defense" argument. A shotgun is better for that purpose.

Flycoon 03-30-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 99901)
it's a leagal firearm.......so whats the issue :noidea:

He has the right to have the firearm. And if you do not think he should I think you would shocked to know just how many are out there.

If he had a huge mural of a spread shot from Hustler magazine (also legal), painted on a wall of his home, would you be saying "what's the point" if people brought it up?

As Americans, we have become so accepting of firearms as a part of daily life we have no reasonable perspective anymore. This is a weapon designed to KILL PEOPLE. It has no other purpose.

the_narrow_way 03-30-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoek (Post 99921)
My question is why did he bring it with him to the spring training house? That's the kind of thing you want to keep a little more securely, at least I'd think so.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like something you'd want to travel with. Maybe he bought it recently? The initial report mentioned that the thieves got in through an unlocked window. You would think that they would have the sense to at least lock everything possible if you're going to be attracting the attention of potentially unsavory characters. A place where multiple pro baseball players are staying would certainly draw my attention if I was a rogueish type.

the_narrow_way 03-30-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman21 (Post 99916)
I hunt and shoot recreationally and I can tell you that the only practical use for an AK-47 is as a fun weapon to just shoot at targets. If you are not a shooter you may not understand how therapeutic shooting a firearm can be. I find that after I have been to the range or outside shooting I am much more relaxed. Just my .02

Yeah, I'm not a shooter. I do understand that different people find different things therapeutic so I'm not going to look down on anyone for it, as long as they are using the weapon(s) lawfully and not in a manner that detracts from other people's lives.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.