BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Game On! (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lightning @ Leafs 10-10 7PM (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15224)

gphockey 10-10-2019 02:49 PM

Lightning @ Leafs 10-10 7PM
 
Go Bolts!

Jester47 10-10-2019 03:08 PM

And there it is... thanks GP!

Iceman 10-10-2019 06:16 PM

PK still sucks

Puckhead 10-10-2019 07:42 PM

Point is not just the “straw”, he IS the drink.

dmaxf9 10-10-2019 11:00 PM

Much better game tonite. Toronto stopped playing in the third period. Forecheck is Lightning’s best defense. Dropped puck by Vasilevskiy led to Toronto’s third goal. Still some defensive gaffes and Killorn had bad turnover in his own zone. Compete was much better. Cirelli growing every game. Palat looks much better this year. Witkowski sits when Paquette returns. Ottawa next. Go Bolts!

RSchmitz 10-11-2019 06:56 AM

Cirelli is going to price himself out of our budget if he keeps this up. Hopefully JBB is figuring out #'s for Cernak, Sergachev, and Cirelli.

Jester47 10-11-2019 07:33 AM

Listened to Leaf's errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NHL Radio on the way to the office this morning, they were talking about ANYTHING other than this game.

Edit - to be fair, as soon as I hit post, they dove into it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSchmitz (Post 244480)
Cirelli is going to price himself out of our budget if he keeps this up.

But what a great problem to have!

RSchmitz 10-11-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester47 (Post 244482)
Listened to Leaf's errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NHL Radio on the way to the office this morning, they were talking about ANYTHING other than this game.

Edit - to be fair, as soon as I hit post, they dove into it...



But what a great problem to have!

He can price himself out of our budget once he signs an 8yr 2MAAV deal :D

Jester47 10-11-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSchmitz (Post 244484)
He can price himself out of our budget once he signs an 8yr 2MAAV deal :D

Naw, we'll have traded TJ and Killer by then... :behindsofa:

Donnie D 10-11-2019 09:22 AM

You should hide. :)

Killorn will be gone. His full no trade ends after the year. Hopefully he keeps up his play, which has been great, so we can get something for him rather than giving up something to dump him.

Joseph is also going to be traded.

Carle, Maroon, Shattenkirk, Condon, Domingue and Rutta are all off the books. That’s $17 million - enough for $4.5 each and money to fill the remaining defensive holes.

BurnTHalO 10-11-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 244489)
You should hide. :)

Killorn will be gone. His full no trade ends after the year. Hopefully he keeps up his play, which has been great, so we can get something for him rather than giving up something to dump him.

Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?

dannybolt 10-11-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnTHalO (Post 244490)
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?

BuT hE dOeS eVeRyThInG wElL!!!!111!1!1!!111!!!

While scoring at a .5 game clip isn't great per se, it's not terrible, and I think that's the best we can hope for from Killorn.

He's been good so far this season, no doubt, especially on the penalty kill, but he really looks like he will be the odd man out. Of the mid-tier trio that only produce moderately, Killorn is the easiest to deal after the NTC goes to modified.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 244489)
Carle, Maroon, Shattenkirk, Condon, Domingue and Rutta are all off the books. That’s $17 million - enough for $4.5 each and money to fill the remaining defensive holes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maroon is re-upped, depending on salary demands. Still ridiculously early on that though, obv.

Jester47 10-11-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnTHalO (Post 244490)
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?

I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later :happydance:

BurnTHalO 10-11-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester47 (Post 244495)
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later :happydance:

I'm definitely a Killorn hater, but to be fair, he's not terribly overpaid. Much like many that came before him, my issue is much less with the player than it is the ridiculous ways he is used (like having top 4 minutes).

Donnie D 10-11-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnTHalO (Post 244490)
Great? We are to the point with him that 0 goals and 2 assists in 4 games playing second line minutes is great now?

Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.

Donnie D 10-11-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester47 (Post 244495)
I'm not a killer hater or anything. Hey, if he wants to resign for a more reasonable cap number to match his production/Ice time (without a NMC), sure... just like with TJ, for me, it's not about if I like the player or not, it's all about the contract number and being able keeping our younger players.

And I was being a bit tongue and cheek when I posted that above... hence the hiding behind the sofa... let's enjoy the season and worry about all this later :happydance:

He is signed through 2023 but can be traded due to his limited NTC that starts next summer.

BurnTHalO 10-11-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 244499)
Is that the second line? Hard to tell.

It was our version of a shut down line last night and they have done a pretty good job in that role. Yes, he fills in on the top 2 lines from time to time, but his primary role has been on that third line.

Well, considering he is averaging over 18 minutes a game, and he has played 2 more minutes than the number 6 guy on the list, yeah, I'll call him the 2nd line. Unless you want to argue that we are playing our 2nd line 13 minutes a night.

Puckhead 10-11-2019 05:34 PM

I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..

RSchmitz 10-11-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckhead (Post 244507)
I saw so many positives in the game. Bolts def had a playoff intensity for almost all 60 minutes.

So I hesitate to harp, but did 98 come away with ANY loose pucks in the D zone last night?? I saw several outright give-aways or neutral pucks not secured and many times retrieved by a Leaf. I try to always be objective when assessing a particular player, but this is nothing we all haven't seen in the last year or so. He's got reach, overall size, and decent feet on his side. I just don't get it..

Mental thing combined with a body he's still not grown into.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.