BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Channelside (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kolzig Signed (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412)

timothy 07-01-2008 03:21 PM

Kolzig Signed

1 yr @ 1.5M + bonuses.

nhljohnson 07-01-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothy (Post 12472)
1 yr @ 1.5M + bonuses.

solid. cheap. good fit.

another solid move.

Bolthed 07-01-2008 03:30 PM

Wow, great price!

Netminder 07-01-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthed (Post 12476)
Wow, great price!

Now if Ollie,will be as good for us as he was againist,us it will be really good:thumb:

It pushes Smith,lot more than Ramo was going to.

timothy 07-01-2008 04:07 PM

Kolzig's bonues are +$1M, giving him a cap hit of $2.5M

aapbolt 07-01-2008 04:18 PM

Oh?

I think Ramo will surprise everyone and push hard for that spot. It would not surprise me, if given a fair chance, that he stays up here and Ollie serves popcorn for awhile. Ollie can be a good mentor but the future is Smith and Ramo.

timothy 07-01-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aapbolt (Post 12509)
I think Ramo will surprise everyone and push hard for that spot. It would not surprise me, if given a fair chance, that he stays up here and Ollie serves popcorn for awhile. Ollie can be a good mentor but the future is Smith and Ramo.

Goofy. That means Helenius would be the starting goalie in Norfolk with no backup.

Ramo beat out both Denis and Holmqvist in camp last year and was still sent down. Ramo is not subject to waivers so he can flow between FL and VA with ease. It's part of paying your dues and biding your time.

Kolzig's age prevents him from be reassigned to the minors per the CBA if I'm not mistaken (see Andreychuk, Dave). That is, you can assign an old guy like that, but if they refuse to report, you still have to pay them full contract to sit by the pool and drink beer. Kolzig is likely to have a no movement clause on his deal as well.

Netminder 07-01-2008 04:25 PM

Ramo should being apartment hunting in Norflok.:coolwink:

Hoek 07-01-2008 05:56 PM

I feel a little bad for Ramo but this is the smart way to go about things if they're really serious about winning now and not letting all the other moves go to waste. We needed depth one way or another anyway. Soooo happy to have Olie the Goalie on OUR side for once and looking forward to cheer him on. Like Halpern he was one of the few Capitals players I could admire and respect instead of just looking at them as the enemy.

Avery86 07-01-2008 07:18 PM

I wonder if this will finally shut people up about the goaltending problems that everyone screams about.

Looks like we've got a solid, cheap pair. I feel bad for Ramo, but honestly I can't disagree with this move.

Very nice. Someone else said it .. I hope he plays for Tampa like he played against Tampa.