BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Game On! (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   March 9th: Blackhawks @ Tampa (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6432)

Avery86 03-14-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 98724)
In years past most teams did not show their games at home. Phil elected to show the games as a way to introduce the area to hockey. He even said once that happened he would cut back on the number of games shown.

If time stood still and we never moved forward into the future, sure. But the cost of broadcasting a game is cheaper than ever. Hell, you could watch a game from your PHONE now. Technology changes every day. I have no idea how selectively not broadcasting some games would get anyone to go to the games when they could turn to virtually any other sport or team and get all the content they could possibly want.

Hoek 03-14-2011 01:40 PM

Forgoing TV games also means the team getting less revenue from Sun. Better hope the attendance goes up to make up for the lost money, because if it doesn't then you're double screwed.

ChaseSpace 03-14-2011 02:00 PM

Wasn't Sun going to stream all games(that are available in your area, like I don't get Heat or Panther games) online for free? Or did that fall apart?

Sotnos 03-14-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery86 (Post 98731)
If time stood still and we never moved forward into the future, sure. But the cost of broadcasting a game is cheaper than ever. Hell, you could watch a game from your PHONE now. Technology changes every day. I have no idea how selectively not broadcasting some games would get anyone to go to the games when they could turn to virtually any other sport or team and get all the content they could possibly want.

:clap:

Now it's more the norm for NHL teams to show all games, only a few teams in non-traditional markets don't do this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseSpace (Post 98736)
Wasn't Sun going to stream all games(that are available in your area, like I don't get Heat or Panther games) online for free? Or did that fall apart?

I remember they were going to do an online stream during one preseason game, it fell apart and never heard anything again.

Donnie D 03-14-2011 04:09 PM

I'm a season ticket holder and consider myself fortunate - both that I make enough money to afford this luxury and that the prices are affordable. There may come a time when those stars won't align and I won't be able to afford not just season tickets but individual tickets. If the game isn't on tv that is not going to get me to buy a ticket that I can't afford. If it isn't on tv, I just may find a new interest and instead of buying a 10 pack, I just might find something else that interests me that I can afford.

Flycoon 03-14-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery86 (Post 98731)
If time stood still and we never moved forward into the future, sure. But the cost of broadcasting a game is cheaper than ever. Hell, you could watch a game from your PHONE now. Technology changes every day. I have no idea how selectively not broadcasting some games would get anyone to go to the games when they could turn to virtually any other sport or team and get all the content they could possibly want.

With all of the available bandwidth, it would be a shame NOT to broadcast.

Remember the old Springsteen lyric, "57 channels and nothing on"? More like 657 channels and nothing on these days.

Jester47 03-15-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flycoon (Post 98773)
Remember the old Springsteen lyric, "57 channels and nothing on"? More like 657 channels and nothing on these days.

Yeah, exactly how many times can I watch that ep of _________ (insert Law and Order, NCIS, anything on USA, or Bones). ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.