BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Game On! (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   March 9th: Blackhawks @ Tampa (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6432)

RSchmitz 03-10-2011 08:15 AM

I want fair calling throughout the game.

Alex 03-10-2011 08:37 AM

My thoughts:

1. I didn't see any love for Hedman's play on Purcell's goal. He wasn't shooting for the net on that one, but shooting for Purcell's stick. Beautiful play by the both of them. Oh yeah, let's keep Purcell. He's alright.

2. At first I was pissed at Lecavalier being tripped in OT, but then I thought back to Brewer's crosscheck seconds earlier

3. Great hits by Ohlund in the beginning of the game. I think it rubbed off a little bit with Brewer trying to keep up with the "big hit total". Let's keep him too

4. Great to see Vinny get in Patty Kane's face in one of the scrums. You're an a$$hole, Vinny, keep it up (yes, the dollar signs are fitting. Ohhhh, did I just say that? :))

5. Good game by the refs too ::looks around for a man with goat legs and horns:: A lot of unneeded calls went uncalled. There was a stretch of 2 minutes or so where Chicago got away with some things, but the pace of the game was playoff style and usually warrents a lot of non-calls. Call me satisfied

6. Faceoffs were horrible in the latter half of the game. Got tired of losing those clean in the D zone and that had to have resulted in a couple of tiring shifts by the guys, wearing them down more than usual as the game went on

7. MVS were unstoppable in the first and hard-to-stop in the second. Great goal by Stammer when he wasn't even looking at the net

Thanks for reading, remember to tip your servers.

Sotnos 03-10-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 98260)
Oh, Blackhawk fan. When the ref puts his hand in the air, we pull the goalie for the extra man and you touch it and throw it in the net, that is not the time to start dancing, singing and then cursing at the lightning fans telling us that we are fucking losers. You just look like this is your first hockey game ever - even though is probably was.

You could hear them cheer on tv when it went in! How I laughed at that one, that's when you know they're bandwagoners.

WaiverWire 03-10-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 98260)
Pissed me off. This isn't the Chicago Stadium. They are supposed to be guests in our house, not act like it is theirs. I would have booed, but it didn't seem appropriate during the singing of the anthem. I felt sorry for the young lady.

Oh, Blackhawk fan. When the ref puts his hand in the air, we pull the goalie for the extra man and you touch it and throw it in the net, that is not the time to start dancing, singing and then cursing at the lightning fans telling us that we are fucking losers. You just look like this is your first hockey game ever - even though is probably was.

If I own a store that sells team jerseys, I'm expecting a whole bunch of foks trying to return "slightly worn" Chicago jerseys this next week and trying to pawn them off as new. Either they are big Minnie Pearl fans or they intend to return them. I can't think of any other reason to leave the sales tags on the jersey.

And this is from someone who became a hockey fan watching Bobby Hull every Saturday night.

The only thing that would have made the evening better would have been to play their victory song over the pa as we left the forum.

Thanks Donnie, you helped make my point.

If our own fan base refuses to buy tickets for these games then how can you blame the Chicago fans that will be more than happy to flock here in droves and purchase the seats. If the seveal million butts in this area would just come to these games the ticket pool for the out of town guest would be much smaller.

Once again I salute Raymond James for packing their suite with Chicago fans. I guess they do not have any clients that would want to see their local team play.:ohmy:

njbolt12 03-10-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos (Post 98270)
You could hear them cheer on tv when it went in! How I laughed at that one, that's when you know they're bandwagoners.

I was incredulous. I was one section away from them watching it.

njbolt12 03-10-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 98272)
Thanks Donnie, you helped make my point.

If our own fan base refuses to buy tickets for these games then how can you blame the Chicago fans that will be more than happy to flock here in droves and purchase the seats. If the seveal million butts in this area would just come to these games the ticket pool for the out of town guest would be much smaller.

Once again I salute Raymond James for packing their suite with Chicago fans. I guess they do not have any clients that would want to see their local team play.:ohmy:

Economics says hi.

It's frustrating but attendance has been better this year, no? Having a winning team helps but people can't attend games when they don't have the disposable income to do so, no matter how cheap they are.

Donnie D 03-10-2011 10:02 AM

And another thing Blackhawk bandwagon fan. When you were in the sport store buying your new jersey and saw that game worn jerseys were selling for $200 more - those were player jerseys that had been covered with sweat. Not the one that your fat Uncle Ralph Was wearing when he watched the game from 312 and spilled nacho cheese on his belly when he dropped the chip.

Sotnos 03-10-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 98272)
Thanks Donnie, you helped make my point.

If our own fan base refuses to buy tickets for these games then how can you blame the Chicago fans that will be more than happy to flock here in droves and purchase the seats. If the seveal million butts in this area would just come to these games the ticket pool for the out of town guest would be much smaller.

Once again I salute Raymond James for packing their suite with Chicago fans. I guess they do not have any clients that would want to see their local team play.:ohmy:

Not to start all this crap again, but I don't know why you expect the fan/ticket buying situation - which has taken 5-6 years to deteriorate - to turn around within the span of 6 months. As Donnie pointed out in the other thread, we didn't see this stuff when the STH base was boosted by the Cup, those fans were allowed to trickle away until the last ownership drove the rest off.

You need "" around Chicago fans there, as in, Chicago "fans". :p

chad 03-10-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 98260)
Pissed me off. This isn't the Chicago Stadium. They are supposed to be guests in our house, not act like it is theirs. I would have booed, but it didn't seem appropriate during the singing of the anthem. I felt sorry for the young lady.

Oh, Blackhawk fan. When the ref puts his hand in the air, we pull the goalie for the extra man and you touch it and throw it in the net, that is not the time to start dancing, singing and then cursing at the lightning fans telling us that we are fucking losers. You just look like this is your first hockey game ever - even though is probably was.

If I own a store that sells team jerseys, I'm expecting a whole bunch of foks trying to return "slightly worn" Chicago jerseys this next week and trying to pawn them off as new. Either they are big Minnie Pearl fans or they intend to return them. I can't think of any other reason to leave the sales tags on the jersey.

And this is from someone who became a hockey fan watching Bobby Hull every Saturday night.

The only thing that would have made the evening better would have been to play their victory song over the pa as we left the forum.

So many good things in this post, from a Minnie Pearl reference to pointing out the morons cheering for the open-net "goal." That was hilarious. Seriously, people. Like DD said, was this your first game!?

Top Shelf 03-10-2011 10:11 AM

Getting pretty harsh IMO...the familiar refrain "It's the obamaconomy, stupid" (though not a personal insult intended for WW) has to come in here somewhere. Lots and lots--I'm talking in the thousands--of true blue Lighrtning fans now simply cannot carve out the high cost of tickets, never mind parking, a little food and beverage thrown in...don't know if you've checked gas prices lately, but if they live at a distance the gouging is a factor. And heaven forbid they have a family, add in the cost of a babysitter, it's more than people can afford right now--even if they are fortunate enough to still have some kind of job. I tip my cap to those who can swing season tickets...geez, more power to ya...you're definitely doing something right. But you're not better fans than those who can't. If we were like our glorious "leaders", we'd all just spend the money freely on a credit card like Beverly Hills rich kids out of their minds on blow with absolutely not one millisecond of thought about paying the bill. But some of us still have personal accountability. I'm thankful every day for TV, it's all we can afford (barely). If people w/allegiance to other clubs are the ones with the disposable income to attend games, then that's who we're going to see until this mess gets turned around


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.