BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Game On! (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Round 1 Game 4 4/16 7:00 pm CNBC (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15084)

Sotnos 04-16-2019 04:18 PM

Round 1 Game 4 4/16 7:00 pm CNBC

Haven't been home all day, so hopefully someone else has some updates :D

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 06:05 PM

No Hedman and Stralman from what I just saw. Which SUCKS.

NoSpin 04-16-2019 06:15 PM

If only we had been in such a strong position at the trade deadline we could have afforded to lose some prospects and picks to gain some much needed postseason depth in case of injury in what should have been a Cup or bust season.

If only.

Jester47 04-16-2019 06:18 PM

Is there really a point to watching the rest of this mess?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester47 (Post 239252)
Is there really a point to watching the rest of this mess?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently not!! Dumpster fire!

NoSpin 04-16-2019 06:25 PM

I didn't think Coop should lose his job, but this turnout makes me think otherwise. He better have a REALLY good explanation of why this happened and how he plans to fix it.

No way you don't at least partially blow this team up in the off-season. CBJ giving the rest of the league a blueprint on how to embarrass us.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 06:33 PM

GRRRR!!! 2nd PPG for Columbus!!!

BurnTHalO 04-16-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSpin (Post 239251)
If only we had been in such a strong position at the trade deadline we could have afforded to lose some prospects and picks to gain some much needed postseason depth in case of injury in what should have been a Cup or bust season.

If only.

We have what, 2 goals in 9 periods of hockey? It's not just defense.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeedub (Post 239255)
GRRRR!!! 2nd PPG for Columbus!!!

So that was disallowed!! Hahaha...
Maybe the turn around point of this game.
#SawStamkos!

NoSpin 04-16-2019 07:23 PM

Odd man rushes all night long. We are basically a minor league team out there.

Flycoon 04-16-2019 07:23 PM

Bitch slapped again. These guys would be smart to play golf in Canada. Or Columbus.

TexasBolt 04-16-2019 07:40 PM

This is how you demolish a fan base. What credibility does this franchise have now? At least the Bucs straight up suck and you know what you’re getting when you buy tickets.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 07:50 PM

I don’t know what’s up with Hedman and Stralman, but damn take some Motrin.. this Defense is getting ran over. Only thing saving them is the offense keeping the puck in Columbus’ end...

NoSpin 04-16-2019 08:42 PM

Sweep. Blow it up.

dannybolt 04-16-2019 08:46 PM

First Presidents trophy winning team to get swept. Still setting records.

Maybe not a good idea to go to Miami and throw a party for yourselves when you haven't won anything yet.

Plenty of guys will be well-rested for their tee times this weekend.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 08:46 PM

Yep, that’s bad. It’s getting kind of hard to defend Coop much longer.

Things gotta change now on this team. But where and who? I’m still just too num and in disbelief to even think about it right now. One of the most Historic seasons in the regular season followed by the most Historic Collapse of all time.

ZeykShade 04-16-2019 08:46 PM

Don't know about you, but I'm ready for some empty ass quotes from our "Captain" and our Coach.

Flycoon 04-16-2019 08:49 PM

Summer is always long but it may be endless. This will be tough to get past moving forward without major changes.

This was SY’s team. He quit, blow it up and blow him off. Vinik can afford to eat Coopers contract.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeykShade (Post 239265)
Don't know about you, but I'm ready for some empty ass quotes from our "Captain" and our Coach.

At least Stamkos will say he needed to play better. Doubt the arrogance of Coop will say he needed to coach better. Torts just humbled him. Hopefully Cooper actually thinks about that.

Still I wonder... would have Yzerman made a trade at the deadline? Would it made a difference?

dannybolt 04-16-2019 08:50 PM

Don't need to see Miller, Callahan, Stralman, Girardi or Coburn in Lightning blue next year. Maybe Coburn. Luckily we are locked into Palat, TJ and Killorn with their NMCs and NTCs. Sigh.

Hell, not sure I need to see Cooper back after that debacle. Good thing he just got extended.

TexasBolt 04-16-2019 08:51 PM

It would be a shame if someone posted when their flight lands back in tampa, or when they do the walk of shame to clean out their lockers at Amalie, or where they hang out in the summer. This better follow them around forever.

Top Shelf 04-16-2019 08:52 PM

Is it October yet?

Pat664422 04-16-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybolt (Post 239268)
Don't need to see Miller, Callahan, Stralman, Girardi or Coburn in Lightning blue next year. Maybe Coburn. Luckily we are locked into Palat, TJ and Killorn with their NMCs and NTCs. Sigh.

Hell, not sure I need to see Cooper back after that debacle. Good thing he just got extended.

I dont think you fix this by trading lower line/lower pairing players. I'd start with a new coach who has these guys commit to team defense (required for postseason wins) in the regular season so it becomes our new identity. We start trading players who dont buy into the new system, whoever that may be.

jaydeedub 04-16-2019 09:00 PM

So... what did the Bolts accomplish this season? They played just 4 more games than the teams who did not make the playoffs - and got a much worse draft pick. Let that sink in....

RSchmitz 04-16-2019 09:36 PM

Vasy
Stamkos
Cooper

:notworking:

Maverick9911 04-16-2019 09:39 PM

Pete's inevitable writeup is gonna be epic.

I'm glad he will have words because honestly I have none. This is beyond a nightmare.

Hoek 04-16-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasBolt (Post 239260)
This is how you demolish a fan base. What credibility does this franchise have now? At least the Bucs straight up suck and you know what you’re getting when you buy tickets.

LOL cmon now. I saw 8 wins in person this season. I got my money's worth. The postseason is a nice side show given how much more it costs to go to those games. I stay home for the vast majority of it.

Okay I'm being way too nonchalant about it. Obviously it sucks. But I will take this over the sheer ineptitude of the Bucs a million times over.

Maverick9911 04-16-2019 09:52 PM

Eh, to each their own, but take it from a loyal Bucs fan that this hurts so much worse.

Closest I've ever felt to this as a Bucs fan was the 1999 NFC Title game. That was brutal, heart wrenching, but nowhere near as painful. Expectations and hope are sometimes more painful than despair and malaise.

Yeah, I'd rather "endure" this than the Derpaneers, though.

BurnTHalO 04-16-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeedub (Post 239273)
So... what did the Bolts accomplish this season? They played just 4 more games than the teams who did not make the playoffs - and got a much worse draft pick. Let that sink in....

They kept their first round pick?

the_narrow_way 04-17-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydeedub (Post 239267)
Doubt the arrogance of Coop will say he needed to coach better. Torts just humbled him.

Was it coaching though? What I saw looked like it was the players being lazy and taking dumb penalties. Then the cherry on top was Vasi didn't make ANY amazing saves. Every possible thing that could have gone wrong went wrong. They missed wide open nets every game. The didn't clear Vasi's front porch. The refs decided that only TB still had to play with regular season rules and called almost everything while CBJ was allowed to play playoff style clutch grab and slash.

Well at least I'll have more free time in the next month or so.

Puckhead 04-17-2019 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybolt (Post 239268)

I saw 55 play like he did a few months ago, in 77’s absence. He’s still got the goods. Coaches need to give him the go sign more often. Hell, I saw him in front of Bob on two occasions. He needs to stay, IMO.

jaydeedub 04-17-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_narrow_way (Post 239300)
Was it coaching though?

In part yes. How much, hard to tell. But a coach of a team can make a big difference. They are both supposed to be a Leader and a Manager. Having a vision and plan to get player from point A to B. Then managing what players are on the ice doing what.

We saw little change in them after the collapse in Game 1. Game 2 had the same players on the ice. At some point a coach has to figure out ways to motivate and get the buy-in. It won’t happen for every player, but shoot should be enough to win a game. You’d also think they’d adjust the game plan. Coop over and over would just put it back on the players (though he’d say “we”) that they weren’t executing their game plan or doing all the little details.

nutznboltz 04-17-2019 07:18 AM

Coburn was a force last night, and should have been on the ice for the first two games. That's one of the first things I would question, the decision to have him serve popcorn. I'm seriously questioning Kucherov's heart and desire to win a Cup. He got paid so he's good. It's whether he can elevate a team around him. We need bigger, stronger guys to plant themselves in front of the net. That was so embarrassing to see.

Donnie D 04-17-2019 10:32 AM

I think they said the same thing about OV until last year.

aapbolt 04-17-2019 05:02 PM

Plan of attack

Stammer said “they had a game plan. I don’t know what to say. If we had the answers we would have done it.” Sounds to me like there was no real game plan to out wit CBJ. You have to be able to counter your opponent, just like in a chess game and it does not look like we had a plan.

Hoek 04-17-2019 05:50 PM

Yep that quote is pretty damning.

the_narrow_way 04-17-2019 11:14 PM

OK, I think Cooper deserves some heat, but, what the hell kind of game plan do you need? These guys have been playing the same system with the same guys for years.

:duh: OMG, a trap defense, what do we do?!?

aapbolt 04-18-2019 04:09 PM

Omg

OMG the trap that has been our problem for the past couple of years, you think they would have figured it out by now.