BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Room (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   News of the Day II (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10386)

Sotnos 10-03-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnTHalO (Post 218641)
And now there are facebook groups calling to intimidate her the fired CBS exec (who said she didn't feel sympathy for the Vegas victims) until she commits suicide, calling for her kids to get beat up and posting pictures of them (seriously, they are like 2-6 years old), posting her address, and to make her entire family live on the street. Oh lets also not forget all of the "Wish the Nazis finished her family off" comments as well. God I'm really beginning to loath social media, so many keyboard warriors.

Well, according to Waiver, the worst thing to come out of all of this was her expressing her opinion since that was the first thing he just HAD to share, so this shouldn't surprise anyone. Just more deflection from them so they don't have to think about gun control or anything useful.

ZeykShade 10-03-2017 10:57 AM

Tax Subsidies keep Big Oil Afloat

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a2f89b43685b

The Real Welfare Queens

Donnie D 10-03-2017 12:10 PM

Good luck - GMannounced yesterday that the are phasing out the internal combustion engine and going exclusively to electric and hydrogen.

Jester47 10-03-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 218648)
Good luck - GMannounced yesterday that the are phasing out the internal combustion engine and going exclusively to electric and hydrogen.

Someone had to do it first...

(to continue with my theme) "In every revolution there is one man with a vision" - James Kirk (Mirror, Mirror)

ZeykShade 10-03-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester47 (Post 218649)
Someone had to do it first...

(to continue with my theme) "In every revolution there is one man with a vision" - James Kirk (Mirror, Mirror)

I wanna say it was Volvo who did it first? Of those who make predominantly gas/diesel cars now, I believe Volvo was the first to announce it was going to shift away from fossil fuel vehicle production.

nutznboltz 10-03-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

And now there are facebook groups calling to intimidate her the fired CBS exec (who said she didn't feel sympathy for the Vegas victims) until she commits suicide, calling for her kids to get beat up and posting pictures of them (seriously, they are like 2-6 years old), posting her address, and to make her entire family live on the street. Oh lets also not forget all of the "Wish the Nazis finished her family off" comments as well. God I'm really beginning to loath social media, so many keyboard warriors.

Fox and Friends guest blames CNN for the mass shooting...other panelists say it's because Paddock "didn't have God in his life" (they knew him??)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-fox-...133314960.html

Wonder if this guest that blamed the media will get fired?

I am also about ready to get off social media. It's devolved into a sewer pit of hate. :mad:

WaiverWire 10-03-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Totally uncalled for and disgraceful.

WaiverWire 10-03-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos (Post 218645)
Well, according to Waiver, the worst thing to come out of all of this was her expressing her opinion since that was the first thing he just HAD to share, so this shouldn't surprise anyone. Just more deflection from them so they don't have to think about gun control or anything useful.

What she posted was a disgrace. She was wishing people dead and she wanted the dead to be GOP.

And just what did you and several others post? Gun control. Please name one law that could had changed what happened.....just one? It appears that he was never arrested. It appears he was never found to not have a sound mind. It appears that he purchased the firearms according to the law. So please tell us what you would change.......and remember in doing so that the SCOTUS has ruled that we are allowed to have firearms.

Now if you want a discussion on firearms, fine and I will go first, but I have already posted much of what I think should be passed.

Close the gun show loophole. Pass a law that when there is a transfer of a firearm, all transfers/transactions, from one person to another....that the transfer is reported.....even for a private transfer.

All transfers, including a private transfer, of ownership of a firearm to a new owner must complete a background check.

Increase the length of time a firearm can be held for a background check. There are times when a 72 hour period is not enough. I would have no problem seeing the hold time increase to 168 hours so that a proper background could be completed. Any transfer, including private, must receive an approval number before the transfer can take place.

Change the federal straw firearm purchase law. Currently the law says if convicted you could receive 10 years in prison and up to a $100,000. Take out the "could" out of the law and make it a mandatory 10 years in federal prison plus a $100,000 fine.

Allow the firearm dealers to summit these transfers via electronic means. This by paper garbage to keep the NRA happy is a joke in this day and age.

I also feel there is no reason for a private citizen to have a fully automatic weapon. Thus I feel that is should be a mandatory 10 year sentence if you are found guilty to have in your possession a firearm that has been converted to a fully automatic firearm. Also any business that manufactures, sells or transfer any kit or part to make a firearm fully automatic shall be subject to the same laws as an individual.

ZeykShade 10-03-2017 04:13 PM

The Assault Weapons ban would have prevented his purchasing a ton of his weapons. That was allowed to sunset under W.

He hadn't converted the semi-auto rifles to full auto, he attached a completely legal(in NV and others) Bump-Fire stock to them. Shoulder weapon, push foregrip forward and let the recoil of the first round bounce your finger off of the trigger, the forward pressure on the foregrip resets the stock and your finger hits trigger.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There's no reason for something like this to exist. It circumvents the NFA of 1934 by allowing full auto performance for <$100.

Donnie D 10-03-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 218655)
Please name one law that could had changed what happened.....just one?

Ban high capacity magazines.

While the following wouldn't have prevented the tragedy, they are common sense gun laws:

End the gun show loophole.
Make people register firearms and take a training class on their use.
Require gun thefts to be reported with 24 hours.