BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Room (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   News of the Day II (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10386)

ZeykShade 09-05-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 217797)
So if the courts rule against DACA if it gets that far, and if the vote is something like 6-3 that is his fault also?

Since you asked a question and didn't attempt to setup one of your typical straw-men, I'll answer.

No. The fault lies with Congress. Durbin proposed the DREAM Act something like 16 years ago. Congress and multiple administrations have dropped the ball leading up to this. Threatening to deport almost a million people who are productive members of society, voluntarily registered with DACA and were brought here illegally when they were children (50% were age 6 or younger), is not even remotely morally ok.

This is also why kicking the can down the road is a bad idea. Fuckwits like Trump can be elected by fuckwits like the average GOP voter. Then they feel they can do reprehensible shit like threaten to deport people just to rile up their base and deflect from the fact that they've been benefitting from a criminal enterprise for most of their adult life after pissing away their enormous inheritance.

ZeykShade 09-05-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 217798)
They won't. The chief executive has the ability to allocate resources.

Did your Sheriff collect cigarette butts and conduct DNA analysis to identify those who litter? No, it would be a stupid use of resources. Does your sheriff make sure you ticket everyone who went 1 over the limit?

Obama had the right to prioritize resources. Now, Trump has that same rights.

Never mind Trump's Muslim Travel Ban. Can't claim you have the power to do that and then claim that Obama didn't have the power to enact DACA, which is essentially prolonged probation. Liberals, take note. This is also why I and many on the right have issues with national gun pwmer registrations. DACA could be used to round these folks up easily and deport them.

WaiverWire 09-06-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeykShade (Post 217799)
Since you asked a question and didn't attempt to setup one of your typical straw-men, I'll answer.

No. The fault lies with Congress. Durbin proposed the DREAM Act something like 16 years ago. Congress and multiple administrations have dropped the ball leading up to this. Threatening to deport almost a million people who are productive members of society, voluntarily registered with DACA and were brought here illegally when they were children (50% were age 6 or younger), is not even remotely morally ok.

This is also why kicking the can down the road is a bad idea. Fuckwits like Trump can be elected by fuckwits like the average GOP voter. Then they feel they can do reprehensible shit like threaten to deport people just to rile up their base and deflect from the fact that they've been benefitting from a criminal enterprise for most of their adult life after pissing away their enormous inheritance.

remember that those "fuckwits" were many in your party that elected him in 5 major states.

Durbin and his party should had passed legislation as soon as they had the White House. They did not. The bigger question is why did they not do it.

gphockey 09-06-2017 10:07 AM

Escape Florida - Airfares
What do you think happened?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...224013499.html

WaiverWire 09-06-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 217798)
They won't. The chief executive has the ability to allocate resources.

Did your Sheriff collect cigarette butts and conduct DNA analysis to identify those who litter? No, it would be a stupid use of resources. Does your sheriff make sure you ticket everyone who went 1 over the limit?

Obama had the right to prioritize resources. Now, Trump has that same rights.

IMHO the reason why we have such a problem with law enforcement and the public today is because those in "The Ivory Towers" have taking away so many things that a law enforcement officer can do on the street today. And how do they do this? Through technology.

When I was on the street I could get out of the car and talk to people for as long as I wanted as long as I had the walkie talkie with me. If I got a call on the computer and if it "bounced" they would call me on the radio. I could stop a car and never use the radio. I could stop you and just tell you to watch what you are doing and send you on your way without a ticket. I could not even to begin to tell you how many cars I stopped, never asked for a license but just want to tell you that you had a light out. Not now. That laptop now records everything. It records when you turn your lights on and if you write a ticket. I use to write a ticket maybe once in 5 stops. Not now. If the computer says you stopped someone they expect a ticket. Those lights that were out now is a written warning that requires you to fix it in 48 hours and drive to a district officer and have an officer inspected the car and sign off on the warning so it can be removed from the system. Don't do it, I now have to track you down and write a ticket. So if you turn on those lights they want to know why.

If I saw you commit a misdemeanor and there was not someone complaining I could tell you not to be such a dumb ass. Can not do that today....why? Over time people complained to the "brass" that so and so didn't get arrest and it was not fair that officers had discretion on misdemeanors. Those in charged changed the rules and listened to the public and took away the use of discretion. Today you have people complaining that we are being too petty. I have even heard the term "robots". Hmmmmm I wonder why.

The computers track your speed, where you go and how long you sit. You have absolutely no discretion today.

And it is not just those in the marked cars. HCSO started putting the laptops in the detectives cars in 2006. In mid 2006 it was my turn to get one, and I just ignored them. About a month later they asked why I did not have one and I just told them I was retiring the first of the year. They allowed me to not have one.

just before I made detective in 1985 I had checked out a new book of 25 tickets. Around 2004 I was called into the majors office and was given a letter they had received from DHSMV stating that I had a book of tickets but not one ticket had been turned in. Went to my trunk and turned in 25 blank tickets.:D You see I had continued to stop cars for years and only asked the drivers to be careful and watch what they are doing. Not now because of those laptops.

I warned those I worked with that they need to watch what they do as the laptops could come back to bite you. Since then several have been demoted and even fired because when confronted months later and asked why where you at this location for this amount of time and you could not remember.....you were back on the street.

So today you have the cop that many thought they wanted. One that has no desertion and one that treats you like a number and not a person.

ZeykShade 09-06-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 217802)
remember that those "fuckwits" were many in your party that elected him in 5 major states.

Durbin and his party should had passed legislation as soon as they had the White House. They did not. The bigger question is why did they not do it.

It's amusing to me that you think I'm a Democrat or that I give the tiniest shit about the Democratic Party. Ask Donnie, he'll tell you there's no room for me in his party.

WaiverWire 09-06-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeykShade (Post 217809)
It's amusing to me that you think I'm a Democrat or that I give the tiniest shit about the Democratic Party. Ask Donnie, he'll tell you there's no room for me in his party.

Did you vote democratic? You see I have been labeled a far right republican here even though I have said many many times I vote either party and who I think is the best candidate. Even refused to vote for Trump. But it doesn't matter you still claim I'm far right and so under your rules I can label you a far leaning left, democrat, if I want.

ZeykShade 09-06-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 217812)
Did you vote democratic? You see I have been labeled a far right republican here even though I have said many many times I vote either party and who I think is the best candidate. Even refused to vote for Trump. But it doesn't matter you still claim I'm far right and so under your rules I can label you a far leaning left, democrat, if I want.

I don't think you're a republican. Your posts here, if they represent how you really feel, indicate that you're pretty much a fascist with racist tendencies.

Flycoon 09-06-2017 11:59 AM

The #1 taker state (federal funds received vs tax revenues) does this.

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/06/548739...orms-abortions

Love the fetus, hate the living....

WaiverWire 09-06-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeykShade (Post 217815)
I don't think you're a republican. Your posts here, if they represent how you really feel, indicate that you're pretty much a fascist with racist tendencies.

HAHAHAHAHA........just goes to show you how much of an ass you are as you don't have a clue