BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Room (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   News of the Day II (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10386)

pete 07-26-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

I know you know that a traffic citation and a felony are different in scope and gravity and continue to be amazed that you will not admit that you see no such difference on the political stage.
You mean there's a difference between, "No honey, I don't think that dress makes you look fat," and, "No honey, I'm not sleeping with your sister?"

Quelle surprise!?!

pete 07-26-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

So you think that Kerry did nothing wrong? Really?
I'm pretty sure that I said the exact opposite. Reading is fundamental, Waiver.

pete 07-26-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Now I do know pete that had that been Mitt Romney you would be calling for his immediate incarceration.
Nah, I wouldn't have stopped short of demanding a "death panel" convened.

I can see you need a couple of days to cool off, because you're way over into insane hyperbole happy town right now.

pete 07-26-2014 12:13 PM

But before I do let you go cool down, let me make one last point, because I can't help myself when you get wound up like this. What a ball of yarn is to a kitten, you are to me when I've got you this angry on the board here. I know, I need therapy.

The difference in Romney and Kerry's story illustrates a major difference between the two parties. When Kerry didn't pay taxes using a tax dodge, he faced shame/scorn. Good Democrats actually demand that of themselves and their elected officials. Republicans treat tax dodgers like Romney as freedom fighting capitalist warriors teaching a lesson to their evil government oppressors. And if you don't believe that, I encourage you to read the RW media lionizing that tax evading, racist rancher out in the desert in Nevada.

Big, big difference.

ChaseSpace 07-26-2014 01:28 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...60-8864152835-

WaiverWire 07-26-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 172516)
But before I do let you go cool down, let me make one last point, because I can't help myself when you get wound up like this. What a ball of yarn is to a kitten, you are to me when I've got you this angry on the board here. I know, I need therapy.

The difference in Romney and Kerry's story illustrates a major difference between the two parties. When Kerry didn't pay taxes using a tax dodge, he faced shame/scorn. Good Democrats actually demand that of themselves and their elected officials. Republicans treat tax dodgers like Ronney as freedom fighting capitalist warriors teaching a lesson to their evil government oppressors. And if you don't believe that, I encourage you to read the RW media lionizing that tax evading, racist rancher out in the desert in Nevada.

Big, big difference.

No need to cool down as I no hot. I'm laughing at you pete.

Once again you are making a fool of yourself on this Romney tax issue. What laws did he break??? Name one. And how in the world is he dodging his taxes if he takes every option offered to him by the IRS and our government. We even have a tax preparer on this site and I am sure he will tell you that if he didn't tell his clients about every legal option available to them on how to save some of your money he would be derelict in his duty.

Even our major corporations are taking legal advantage of our tax system by moving their corporate offices overseas. Why don't you call them out?

Gee, maybe you will make me so upset I will vote a straight party line ticket

BurnTHalO 07-26-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 172518)

Once again you are making a fool of yourself on this Romney tax issue. What laws did he break??? Name one. And how in the world is he dodging his taxes if he takes every option offered to him by the IRS and our government. We even have a tax preparer on this site and I am sure he will tell you that if he didn't tell his clients about every legal option available to them on how to save some of your money he would be derelict in his duty.

Even our major corporations are taking legal advantage of our tax system by moving their corporate offices overseas. Why don't you call them out?

You've lost me. From what I have read, many people do this because the taxes dont occur in rhe island. Articles even call it a tax haven. So where did kerry break the law? It sounds like the exact same thing (both of which make me mad)

Flycoon 07-26-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 172518)

Right you are WW. All of the tax avoidance ( not evasion) schemes for the Fortune 500 companies and individuals like Romney are perfectly legal and were bought within the framework of our lobbying laws. Special interest tax breaks are/were very expensive but the ROI has been exceptional.

The "carried interest" exemption that Romney, Buffet and others of their ilk is especially egregious. Legal, but only available to a very small but extremely group.

Corporations pay a lower % of total tax revenues than at any time since the 1920s but they still cry poor.

Sad. We the people are not represented, but we the corporations certainly are.

WaiverWire 07-26-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnTHalO (Post 172519)
You've lost me. From what I have read, many people do this because the taxes dont occur in rhe island. Articles even call it a tax haven. So where did kerry break the law? It sounds like the exact same thing (both of which make me mad)

They are not the same Donnie. Apples and oranges as many would say. Romney could not be arrested for what he did, Kerry could have been.

WaiverWire 07-26-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie D (Post 172521)
There are the judicial courts and the courts of public opinion.

The combination of tax avoidance and the comments about those not wealthy enough to make a living wage cost him the election.

Yup just like some in the court of public opinion think I was a draft dodger because I was classified 1-H, which was automatic by the draft board, for my last 3 months of high school, even though my lottery number was so high I was able to remain 1-A after I graduated even though I was college bound.

Thank you Flycoon for your response. I for the live of me do not know why they refuse to redo the tax code, except many of our politicians would pay more.