BoltProspects Community Forums

BoltProspects Community Forums (http://boltprospects.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Room (http://boltprospects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   News of the Day II (http://boltprospects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10386)

WaiverWire 10-29-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthed (Post 204344)
Weren't you just on here a week ago blasting the use of anonymous sources? Or is that just bad when it exposes someone on Team Red?

If you care go back and look at some of my posts you will find that I have on numerous occasions made posts with anonymous sources when those reporting the source has an excellent track record in such reporting.

And if do take the time to go back and look you will that I was talking about the complaints from women against Trump. I was referring to women that claimed that they had witnesses but that those witnesses want to remain anonymous and where the media made no attempts to confirm these claims.

pete 10-29-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Not to me.
Of course not, because you have decided Clinton's a bad guy and therefore she des eves whatever she gets, fair or unfair. To the rest of us, Comey violated DOJ policy to write this letter to Congress less than 2 weeks before an election, which screams "partisan political ploy."

WaiverWire 10-29-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 204352)
Of course not, because you have decided Clinton's a bad guy and therefore she des eves whatever she gets, fair or unfair. To the rest of us, Comey violated DOJ policy to write this letter to Congress less than 2 weeks before an election, which screams "partisan political ploy."

You mean like when the DOJ told the FBI that they would not approve any subpoenas or any search warrants during the original investigation? These are 2 major tools that the DOJ took off the table.....why?

When a law enforcement officer requests a subpoena or a search warrant the request must be approved by a prosecutor, aka DOJ, prior to taking it to a judge for approval/signature.

When Comey first declined to prosecute I thought that it was strange as it is not the FBI or any law enforcement agencies decision to make that call. I thought that Comey folded and took the FBI with him. That call is made by the prosecutor.

As we know now Lynch told him he could not and should not release the letter. Comey gave her the big middle finger and in a sense told her and the DOJ we are doing our job.

And why can he do this? Apparently Lynch forgot that even though Comey is under the DOJ he serves a 10 year term and can not be fired.

Comey is trying to show the country, and more importantly those that serve under him and were ready to commit mutiny, that he can not be bought.

But let's be honest.....the election is over and I doubt that the result will change other than some will stay home.

Donnie D 10-29-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 204349)
If there is a confidential information on that laptop, a laptop that is shared with Weiner, then she does have a serious problem.

Do you realty think that Comey would come out and do what he did unless he was told that this is a problem?

If he knows what is on those e-mails, he'll be the one that will need a pardon. According to multiple reports he needs a search warrant to look at those e-mails.

Justice Department officials were also concerned about the planned disclosure because the FBI had yet to review the newly discovered emails.
"We don't know what this is yet," one source said, noting that authorities are still seeking a judge's approval to start taking a closer look at the emails. No one knows if "there is any 'there' there," the source added.

"[W]e don't know the significance of this newly discovered collection of emails," Comey wrote to FBI personnel in an internal message later in the day.

Donnie D 10-29-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaiverWire (Post 204353)
As we know now Lynch told him he could not and should not release the letter. Comey gave her the big middle finger and in a sense told her and the DOJ we are doing our job.

You need to stop watching Faux News. Other media reports have said that while DOJ disagreed with the decision that Lynch did not discuss the matter with him due to political considerations.

CBS: Sources close to the Clinton investigation told Reid that Lynch encouraged the FBI chief to follow a long-standing practice not to comment on ongoing investigations. While the two did not speak directly, the attorney general’s position was made clear to Comey. Comey’s decision to flag the new emails was thus made independent of his boss, the attorney general. No could not there.

Doing their job would have been to review the documents. The FBI never releases information about an investigation - well except on this one.

pete 10-29-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

But let's be honest.....the election is over and I doubt that the result will change other than some will stay home.
It's not over down ballot. Look at some of the names on Comey's letter. Count the number of endangered GOP Senators and House Reps on it when you read the headers and who was CC'ed. This crap is liable to cost Clinton a shot at GA and wins in AZ, OH, and IA, and makes it tougher for the Democrats to drag their Senate races in NC and MO, in particular, across the finish line. Comey knew exactly what the hell he was doing.

Donnie D 10-29-2016 04:49 PM

I've been following this pretty closely and while I initially thought he was trying to preclude a leak, I now agree with Pete. This was a blatant attempt to help Trump and republican candidates for congress.

pete 10-29-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

I've been following this pretty closely and while I initially thought he was trying to preclude a leak, I now agree with Pete. This was a blatant attempt to help Trump and republican candidates for congress.
Like I said, and I wish this weren't true, Democrats need to stop acting like they live in an episode of The West Wing and stop nominating Republicans to their government positions. It's just political malpractice to invite a wolf into your hen house, and it doesn't lead to an increase in bipartisan cooperation or civility. If someone can name me a moment where the GOP Congress has acted in a bipartisan, civil manner over the last 6 years, let me know, but my perception is they've done nothing but obstruct and launch witch hunts. Bipartisan cooperation and civility are hardly possible with some of the treacherous mouth breathers the GOP has in Congress right now, and the reason is because the GOP electorate is led by these Trump supporters who clamber for their elected officials to act like treacherous mouth breathers rather than actually govern. They have no interest in governing and passing new laws. None. That's why it's like pulling teeth just to pass continuing resolutions just to keep the government open at all.

pete 10-29-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Do you realty think that Comey would come out and do what he did unless he was told that this is a problem?
Do I think Comey, a Republican, might throw out a letter to Congress before all the facts were in (in violation of standing DOJ policy) knowing full well it would be spun by his fellow Republicans in Congress to the benefit of downballot Republican candidates for Congress?

Let me think on that for a bit...

You're naive if you don't recognize the possible motive here.

ZeykShade 10-29-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSchmitz (Post 204347)
After lot of people don't pay attention at all up until the finish line. So yes, it casts doubt

If you're undecided at this point, you probably should be rendered infertile for the sake of the Human Race.